Staggered if we beat Newcastle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane is going to want to impress the new owners so I'm pretty confident.

Newcastle are a bit of a bogey team for us anyway aren't they?

I'm more worried about that than thinking they're going to change over night which I don't think they will but in a couple of years, yeah.

Not one metric says we beat Newcatle.

To say it's typical that we are the first team to play what is effectively now the richest club in the world might seem self-defeating or fateful but it is hard to dismiss.

The Newcastje players might be undone by pressure but I suspect Bruce will be sacked before we play them and they will give the performance of their lives

Oh well at least we can answer the quiz question.

And before people say they are sh!t look at our history of such matches.

Santo needs to be preparing the right words well in advance but attack in this game will be the best form of defence. No doubt.
Doesn't matter if we win or lose. Long term they are heading right to the top of the table because of their new investors whereas we are destined to scramble around between 6th and 8th if we are lucky.

Back to the game. 2-2 with Kane finally on the scoresheet and Son scoring the other.

Doesn't matter if we win or lose. Long term they are heading right to the top of the table because of their new investors whereas we are destined to scramble around between 6th and 8th if we are lucky.

Back to the game. 2-2 with Kane finally on the scoresheet and Son scoring the other.

They will get there yes. And with sh!t money.

Good for them but I would bow out at that point.

Empty success in my honest opinion but I am sure many would see it differently.

All a bit pointless at this stage in many respects.

Statistically Kane will score in a PL game eventually.

Not one metric says we beat Newcatle.

To say it's typical that we are the first team to play what is effectively now the richest club in the world might seem self-defeating or fateful but it is hard to dismiss.

The Newcastje players might be undone by pressure but I suspect Bruce will be sacked before we play them and they will give the performance of their lives

Oh well at least we can answer the quiz question.

And before people say they are sh!t look at our history of such matches.

Santo needs to be preparing the right words well in advance but attack in this game will be the best form of defence. No doubt.
Talk of them approaching Brenda and others.

Newcastle are wankers. Romantic bullshit of scouse / Sellic proportions without anything to back it up. Shit overrated town full of bright orange women. Seeing them actively celebrate being MBS’s plaything shows what pitiful lowlife they are. Filthy northern scum. Fuck off.

0-4 Sonny hat trick and Gil with a worldie.

Again, fuck off.
You should say what you mean. Don't sugar coat it like that.

St James's Park is never an easy place to go and Newcastle, like West Ham, is one of those teams that loves to show us up. I think we can get the win but it won't be a walk in the park.

In 95/96, we were the only team other than Man United to take any points from there when we drew 1-1 on the last day of the season. Neither of us got what we wanted; we didn't get into Europe and Newcastle didn't win the league.

Oh come on. Newcastle are shit atm littered with crap players. Saint-maxim is half decent. Musn't get drawn in the euphoria of crowd. Think we will expose the current shit state of their squad atm and win 3-1. This stavely has she saved the planet or something. No newcastle football club. We will win but once they spend loads of cash may be a bit harder up there to win.

I’m always amazed by how many optimists support Spurs!

I blame the club entirely for me being a curmudgeonly, pessimistic nihilist.

Surely we all know the Dr Tottenham script here? Playing a supporting role in someone else’s story. One of the first things I considered when hearing the Barcode takeover news. Saint-Maximin to play a blinder, Kevin Keegan to score the winner, the ghost of Wor Jackie to rise up, the cast of Auf Weidersen Pet spotted in the crowd. Shearer wanking on MotD.

Newcastle 3-1 Spurs

Son to score ours. Kane to fluff his lines in what amounts to a trial game.

Back
Top Bottom