Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We will have European football next season, and a player like Bergwyjin is invaluable.

Bergwyjin has been unlucky that we have only had 1 game a week.

He may have played his last game for Spurs but he will be remembered for his 2 goals vs Leicester. I felt that win was a kind of turning point for Spurs and helped the club - the players and fans - dismiss the "Spursy ghost"...

Great determination and skill to win those vital 3 points. I don’t personally think Conte will sell him unless he is so unhappy he is causing disruption. He is a good sub/squad player for now and has a future. Why sell in my view?

Would be absolutely thrilled if he stayed, can't imagine why he'd want to though especially considering it is a WC year and he could be a potential starter for the Netherlands.

Solid player who had some great moments (Leicester, debut against City), but Son plays his best position, and he's been at the club during a time when we've performed poorly in cups and thus limited his opportunities to play. Worst case scenario we recoup our money basically. He'd be a great option to have though with UCL, great impact sub and we could do a lot worse for a rotation player if Son was injured.

Great determination and skill to win those vital 3 points. I don’t personally think Conte will sell him unless he is so unhappy he is causing disruption. He is a good sub/squad player for now and has a future. Why sell in my view?

Even if Conte wants to keep him, I just can't see him wanting to stay.....

66mins in the last 12 EPL games.

I think he'll go, for his own career. Fair to him.

But if this club is serious about trophies and competing on multiple fronts, we need to replace him with someone just as good but ideally better to challenge the front 3 and rotate. You really need 5 players for those 3 positions on similar levels to each other, ala Liverpool.

Gil we'll see but I don't think he's quite there yet.

His career here has been an utter void aside from an insane 5 minutes vs Leicester and a great goal vs City. Some of the worst numbers you'll see from an attacking player. Conte clearly doesn't think much of him, and I really can't say I blame him. Gets overrated by many on here imo, he offers next to nothing 99% of the time.

We can probably get solid money flogging him to Ajax and he'll likely do OK there. Sign a player who actually challenges for places and consistently can impact from the bench.

We’re going to need the squad if we want to challenge on multiple fronts next season. I don’t know if he’ll stay but I can see the rationale in both him wanting to move on for more regular first team action and the club facilitating that, in order to bring in other reinforcements.

Bergwijn out and Eriksen in, to maintain our attacking midfield options?

It will be a challenge for us to keep the likes of SB on board but we obviously need the likes of him to hope to compete on a couple of fronts . Though I think he will look to go he deserves more game time .

Back
Top Bottom