Steven Caulker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Steven Caulker was battling drink and gambling addictions at Tottenham and QPR, but ex-Liverpool man has rebuilt life and career in Turkey​

EXCLUSIVE
By Sean Gallagher
29th November 2020, 9:00 am

Contains a video.

Steven Caulker was battling drink and gambling addictions at Tottenham and QPR, but ex-Liverpool man has rebuilt life and career in Turkey​

EXCLUSIVE
By Sean Gallagher
29th November 2020, 9:00 am

Contains a video.
Glad he's got his life back on track. Good for him that he did it while he still had some peak years ahead of him.

That bit of coastline in Turkey where he now lives is lovely. Great people, great food, great weather, great scenery. If I was a pro reaching the end of a career at the top level I'd be asking my agent to see what there was on offer there.

Shit politics and President. Can't have it all.

DRINK TO THAT

I was crushed after losing 6-1 at Liverpool… then I woke up drunk off my head on a hotel floor and signed for them​

• Published: 19:12, 1 May 2023
  • Updated: 19:12, 1 May 2023

STEVEN CAULKER has revealed the emotional rollercoaster he went on back in the 2015/16 season.
The 31-year-old once graced the Premier League with the likes of Tottenham, Cardiff, Queens Park Rangers and even Liverpool.

And Caulker, who now turns out for Wigan, revealed the story of how he ended up at the Reds despite having a torrid time against them shortly before.

Caulker revealed how he went for a boozy night in Dublin after a 6-1 thrashing against Liverpool while playing for Southampton in the EFL Cup, only for his agent to call and tell him they wanted to sign him.

After opening up on his devastation at the defeat and being isolated out of the squad, Caulker told the Under The Cosh Podcast: "And then the phone call come from Liverpool.

"So the team I've just had a absolute mare against and lost 6-1 contact my agent whilst I'm drunk in Dublin, cause I was out of the squad at Southampton so I'd gone to Dublin for a p*** up.

"And I was there off my head, woke up still fully clothed laying on the floor.

"My agent two missed calls, the papers are what I'm thinking. I pick up and he says 'you'll never guess what, Liverpool want to sign you'.

"I said 'nah I must still be drunk, but he says 'nah nah seriously where are you? Get yourself back home now, I'm just waiting for one phone call but this is nearly done'...

"Get downstairs, water, water, water, shower, freshen up, jump on the plane back and that same evening I'm on a train up to Liverpool and that was that.

"That was on the Sunday I guess. Monday I signed and Tuesday we're playing Woolwich and I come on up front."

Caulker joined Jurgen Klopp's side on loan in January after Southampton allowed his loan from QPR to be cut short.

In total the Londoner has made 123 top flight appearances in his career.

DRINK TO THAT

I was crushed after losing 6-1 at Liverpool… then I woke up drunk off my head on a hotel floor and signed for them​

• Tony Robertson
  • Published: 19:12, 1 May 2023
  • Updated: 19:12, 1 May 2023

STEVEN CAULKER has revealed the emotional rollercoaster he went on back in the 2015/16 season.
The 31-year-old once graced the Premier League with the likes of Tottenham, Cardiff, Queens Park Rangers and even Liverpool.

And Caulker, who now turns out for Wigan, revealed the story of how he ended up at the Reds despite having a torrid time against them shortly before.

Caulker revealed how he went for a boozy night in Dublin after a 6-1 thrashing against Liverpool while playing for Southampton in the EFL Cup, only for his agent to call and tell him they wanted to sign him.

After opening up on his devastation at the defeat and being isolated out of the squad, Caulker told the Under The Cosh Podcast: "And then the phone call come from Liverpool.

"So the team I've just had a absolute mare against and lost 6-1 contact my agent whilst I'm drunk in Dublin, cause I was out of the squad at Southampton so I'd gone to Dublin for a p*** up.

"And I was there off my head, woke up still fully clothed laying on the floor.

"My agent two missed calls, the papers are what I'm thinking. I pick up and he says 'you'll never guess what, Liverpool want to sign you'.

"I said 'nah I must still be drunk, but he says 'nah nah seriously where are you? Get yourself back home now, I'm just waiting for one phone call but this is nearly done'...

"Get downstairs, water, water, water, shower, freshen up, jump on the plane back and that same evening I'm on a train up to Liverpool and that was that.

"That was on the Sunday I guess. Monday I signed and Tuesday we're playing Woolwich and I come on up front."

Caulker joined Jurgen Klopp's side on loan in January after Southampton allowed his loan from QPR to be cut short.

In total the Londoner has made 123 top flight appearances in his career.
But...no hear me out...is he is he really any worse than Eric Dier. Just till season ends. Four games...just the four !

Back
Top Bottom