Stoke away - please read the OP

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't think Stoke's as hard a place to go as it's made out. Might not get as many chances as some weeks, but I think we'll convert what we do make, could play out similar to the Fulham. My money's on 2-0 to us. Damn though, 34 points from 36, those numbers are starting to look silly... COYS!

jaws said:
Don't think Stoke's as hard a place to go as it's made out. Might not get as many chances as some weeks, but I think we'll convert what we do make, could play out similar to the Fulham. My money's on 2-0 to us. Damn though, 34 points from 36, those numbers are starting to look silly... COYS!

Personally think it is a hard place to go, but that it's as much to do with the intimidating atmosphere as it is to do with their team.

They have been playing a pretty bog-standard 4-4-2, and their main routes to goal are:

1. Give the ball to Pennant or Etherington and hope that they can provide some magic - recently both have been pretty average (at best).
2. Get the ball on to the heads of Crouch/Walters/Shawcross/Huth/etc and see what happens.

I think we'll cope pretty well with 1 - Walker and Assou-Ekotto should have the pace and ability to deal with both, and Lennon and Bale (if he plays) are both underrated defensively. As for 2, I do have slight concerns that we'll struggle from set pieces, so it's essential that we don't give away unnecessary free kicks (I'm looking at you, Scotty!).

Their central midfield is absolutely appalling, and I'd be pretty against moving Modric to the left, as he and Parker should absolutely dominate Whelan and Delap.

Walters is the player that I worry most about - he's so hard-working and combative, and his never say die attitude does tend to keep the ball alive. Still, if we play anywhere near what we know we can, we will smaaaaaaaaash them.

This is it.

Today it all clicks.

Today our elentless attacking onslaught takes off

Today is all about goal difference

Today is 5-1

SMASH 'EM

According to the rags Townsend is out of favour due to the old "training ground bust up".

Windy, fuckin knowledge?

Narrow brittania stadium pitch is ideal stomping ground for ParkRo. Not as much emphasis on the wings IMO.

Need to play a nice compact Passing game today.

In stoke at the minute. In bar that looks like Phoenix nights. Just met a spurs fan who listens to the podcast. Blew his mind when I told him I did the logo. Not sure he believes me.

I'm a bit worried about this one, though there is a lot of confidence in this thread that has helped settle me down. Spurs to win 3-1. VDV hasn't scored in a few games so I like to think he is due one.

Relying on radio commentary at the minute, some of the abuse our players are getting on Twitter is rofltastic!

BAE OUT!!!1111!!

Back
Top Bottom