Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there is a Madrid forum somewhere with a transfer thread where a user called BasqueMadridista who started a running joke about if they don't break the bank for Bale in the summer it will be a massive mistake.

:adeohshit:

Lukaku would be awesome for us, but he has his heart set on Chelsea and has since he was younger - AND he didn't get along with AVB last year.

That one is a complete no go.

But why didn't he get along with AVB? is it because AVB was being forced to play Torres by Abramovich and the press wanted to make mileage off the disharmony caused by this? or was there some genuine friction?

But why didn't he get along with AVB? is it because AVB was being forced to play Torres by Abramovich and the press wanted to make mileage off the disharmony caused by this? or was there some genuine friction?
the genuine friction would be that he didn't even get to be on the bench much. He was stuck in the reserves and no loan deals lined up either...

Lukaku told Sport Wereld:

'There is one person that I will never forgive for what he did to me - the previous coach. 'It's not just that. It was also the way he spoke to me and treated me. 'Right from the beginning, it was weird. I could not stand how he was treating me. I received no explanation. 'In training, he put me on the right or left wing. In training matches, I was a substitute with a shirt to keep swapping teams. I really learned nothing! 'I have told the club that too. I understand that he was under pressure, but I was also thinking of myself. I have improved in recent months.'

I'd say that one just isn't going to happen.

the genuine friction would be that he didn't even get to be on the bench much. He was stuck in the reserves and no loan deals lined up either...

Well the lesson of the day should have been, don't turn up at Chelsea as a 17 year old and expect to walk into the first team shouldn't it? They did have Drogba, Torres, and Sturridge in front of him, essentially an unproven child.

17 year olds are moody prom queens anyway. I can't image how absurd a chav child hot prospect ego would be.

I think he was young and angry. Plain and simple, could have been anyone. Besides, there may be no future for him at Chelsea. Abra loves spending for the joy of it and if he offloads Torres he will likely spend big for a another "top striker."

If they fire sale Torres I wouldn't be opposed to getting him. Who knows...maybe a fresh start and a white shirt can bring back his form....with a deadly vengeance. Either way, I want lukaku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom