Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I can understand the urge to leave if he has a chance to go to a club that surpasses Shakhtar, like Barcelona or Real Madrid, but not many clubs are beyond our level - not clubs like Liverpool or Tottenham."
They are thirteenth in terms of UEFA coefficient, so an agnostic view would be that they're a good club to be at if TCB in Europe, etc., is your cup of tea.

OTOH, we're beating them (by a slim margin) over the past two seasons, suggesting we're movin' on up.

movin' on up.

Listen to this...

And look at this...

OtvIAZ6.gif

I'm fully expecting us to sign Villa at some point and then I see that AVB wants to bring in Soldado as well (albeit from the Daily Star). Anyone think this rumour has any legs?

Don't get me wrong he looks like a good player but buying someone after they've a good tournament is always bad business because they get over priced. Paulinho could come into our starting 11 and be a star but i'm sure if we'd had made a bid for him before the tournament and especially before he scored against England, we'd have paid less than £10M.

Don't get me wrong he looks like a good player but buying someone after they've a good tournament is always bad business because they get over priced. Paulinho could come into our starting 11 and be a star but i'm sure if we'd had made a bid for him before the tournament and especially before he scored against England, we'd have paid less than £10M.

As far as I can see this looks like it was all sorted out before the tournament, the £17 Million is his buyout clause, why would Corinthians except less when he is about to go into a major tournament as a first 11 player for Brazil?

Forgive me if I'm wrong but we already wanted him before the tournament. Corinthians would never have let him go without having his release clause activated. His goal in a friendly against England also wouldn't have added much if anything onto his value I doubt.

Ladies and Gentlemen......

james-sanderson.jpg

Mr. Jamie Sanderson.

I love th comments at the bottom if that article.
The quotes are also taken from an interview with Esquire, which ha a print lead time f anywhere between 2-4 months.
So these 'new quotes' were actually recorded whilst spurs were still pursuing a champion league place. Classic case of bored journo putting 2 and 2 together to make 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom