Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get what you guys are saying but just because someone has a buyout clause does'nt mean that clubs won't accept anything less for the player. I maybe wrong but it's my opinion that if, as you say, we'd been tracking him for a while then we'd should got a move on before the tournament.

Look at what MU did with Chicharito before the 2010 WC, they'd been scouting him, liked what they saw, found out he was likely to start for Mexico in the upcoming WC, so put in a bid and ended up signing him for ~ £6M. During the WC, when the majority of people say him play for the 1st time in Europe, he impressed a lot of people and figures of £10-15M were being bandied about before everyone realised he'd already been signed for £6M!

Don't get me wrong he looks like a good player but buying someone after they've a good tournament is always bad business because they get over priced. Paulinho could come into our starting 11 and be a star but i'm sure if we'd had made a bid for him before the tournament and especially before he scored against England, we'd have paid less than £10M.
Wow, a record signing on the first day of the transfer window and people still find something to moan about.:walker:

His market value still is £10M, so before the CC, it might have been done for £9-13M, in my opinion of course, he's still a very good player but you can't tell me that his goals and general play didn't add to his value during this summer.

But we have been linked with him before the CC and not once did I see a figure less than 15m mentioned. I see your poin but I don't think it's relevant in this particular circumstance.

You can sign a contract with the player any time. You just can't register him with the FA until July 1st.

So, if a player signed a deal in June and come July 1st refused to sign his registration papers, that could cause a problem, and one that the FA wouldn't give a flying fuck about. It would be a legal issue to be dealt with by the courts.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/fans/faqs/when-does-transfer-window-open-close/
When does the transfer window open and close?

There are two transfer windows in each Barclays Premier League season.

The first commences at midnight on the last day of the season and ends on 31 August if a working day - or, if not, on the first working day thereafter, at a time determined by the Board.

The second transfer window commences at midnight on the 31 December and ends on the 31 January if a working day, and again, if not, on the first working day thereafter, at a time determined by the Board.

Temporary transfers can be made permanent outside of the transfer windows. For further information please see the rules in thePremier League Handbook.

:vdvshh:

Halilovic in the CL

BOCItdfCQAQLubw.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom