Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this talk of transfers, and who might be going, and I had TOTALLY forgotten Siggy plays for us!
...like TOTALLY FORGOTTEN!

I fully accept he didnt pull up any trees last season, but Ive always been quite a fan of his and still hope he can really show us what he can do.

I can see him being very effective as the more attacking component of a midfield 3 and can well imagine him working well from the left and drifting in (but would rely on a LB for width.)

I fully accept he didnt pull up any trees last season, but Ive always been quite a fan of his and still hope he can really show us what he can do.

I can see him being very effective as the more attacking component of a midfield 3 and can well imagine him working well from the left and drifting in (but would rely on a LB for width.)

Completely agree... and I actually really like the bloke... but I guess with all the talk of Paulinho, Damiao, Villa, Osvaldo, Falc(a)o, Paul Miller & Garry Brooke etc coming in, and Thudd/Bentley/Parker possibly leaving, it had just totally slipped my mind that he played for us!

I think Sigurdson may be good on the left as part of a front three. I'm not so sure if he was part of a midfield four though on the left.
Holtby isnt right for that kind of position. I think he is more of a central midfielder. I like the way he moves the ball around quickly.
Both these players have some real talent in my opinion, but I'm not sure where they each fit with the other players we have and the way we play.
I think if we play with a 4-3-3 that Villa would play on the left of that three, but he's versatile and could play anywhere really.
I think we would benefit from more pace on the wings though as it helps you break down defences that put ten men behind the ball, getting those pacey players in behind the defence. I think we really lacked that aspect to our game at times last season without Bale on the wing.

I think if we play with a 4-3-3 that Villa would play on the left of that three, but he's versatile and could play anywhere really.
Like, say... In front of the goal where he was born to play! Fuck Barca, he's a goal machine and should be reinstated there. As for Ade, he spends so much fucking time on the left you might as well actually stick him there and let a proper goal scorer do what he does best.

------------Dembele/Holtby/Pauli-------------Sandro-----------
----------------------Dembele/Holtby/Pauli----------------------
--Bale/Lennon--------------Villa/Ade--------------Ade/Siggy---

Options, the options... and the buying has just begun

#spuffspuffspuff

I think we would benefit from more pace on the wings though as it helps you break down defences that put ten men behind the ball, getting those pacey players in behind the defence. I think we really lacked that aspect to our game at times last season without Bale on the wing.

There are a couple things at play there as well. The pace down the wing definitely helps but we need better interplay between the AM/#10 whatever you want to call him, the striker and one of the CMs. We have a habit of stroking the ball laterally across the line and miss the quick interchanges through the middle. CM running on from deep, striker looking for tight channels etc.

I guess what I'm saying is that the final third is missing craft. Other than Dembele going on a mazy, we really missed some of the subtle play that VdV (and even Robbie) gave us to surprise a negative defence.

Holtby with his tail up will try these things, Paulinho from the little of seen of him loves to run onto a ball and hopefully with Villa in the middle we'll really have people thinking on how to create in tight space... Should be exciting to watch it unfold (or a travesty :bentley:)

Anyway... Exciting times ahead.

I think Sigurdson may be good on the left as part of a front three. I'm not so sure if he was part of a midfield four though on the left.
Holtby isnt right for that kind of position. I think he is more of a central midfielder. I like the way he moves the ball around quickly.
Both these players have some real talent in my opinion, but I'm not sure where they each fit with the other players we have and the way we play.

I think almost any combination from Sigurdsson, Sandro, Dembele, Holtby, Paulinho for a midfield 3 could be complementary. And offers us a few different options dependant on opposition/desired tactics.

I agree pace is always welcome, but AVBs system seems to be more about controling the ball and creating space than outright pace so think Sigurdsson could work well on the left as well.

As could Dempsey, though I see him as offering less to the team over all.

------------Dembele/Holtby/Pauli-------------Sandro-----------
----------------------Dembele/Holtby/Pauli----------------------
--Bale/Lennon--------------Villa/Ade--------------Ade/Siggy---

Options, the options... and the buying has just begun
clitdumpsey.png

----------------Dembele/Paulinho---------Sandro/Paulinho-----------
---------------------------------------Holtby/Paulinho/Siggy/----------------------
--Bale/Townsend--------------Villa/Ade--------------Siggy/Lennon/Villa---

That's how I feel it should be

Out :
Huddlestone
Parker
Jake
Can't think of anyone else
lots of proper loans for the young lads that could be squad players but need game time. Proper loans as in they will actually get game time.

In :
Villa
Maybe Croatian Wonderkids.

Not too sold on the Croats,specifically Alan with our stacked midfield. If that kid is really special he should be at least be making sub appearances at 19.

I don't understand why everybody wants Villa to play on the left. The reason he wasn't very successful (by Barca's standards) at Barcelona was because he is not a left winger. If you have watched any of their games, you would've seen that he just isn't comfortable there. Even during the Brazil game the other day, when Villa came on he created one of their only chances himself and looked decent at the striker position, even despite Spain getting dominated. Villa is one of the best Spanish strikers of all time, not Spanish wingers. His movement and finishing is world class and if he comes to us, he will play in the middle. Thats the only place he wants to play.

I don't understand why everybody wants Villa to play on the left. The reason he wasn't very successful (by Barca's standards) at Barcelona was because he is not a left winger. If you have watched any of their games, you would've seen that he just isn't comfortable there. Even during the Brazil game the other day, when Villa came on he created one of their only chances himself and looked decent at the striker position, even despite Spain getting dominated. Villa is one of the best Spanish strikers of all time, not Spanish wingers. His movement and finishing is world class and if he comes to us, he will play in the middle. Thats the only place he wants to play.

I meant as an emergency winger. Like say Lennon,Siggy,etc. got injured

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom