Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halilovic in the CL

BOCItdfCQAQLubw.jpg:large

Please Sir, I want some more !

I love th comments at the bottom if that article.
The quotes are also taken from an interview with Esquire, which ha a print lead time f anywhere between 2-4 months.
So these 'new quotes' were actually recorded whilst spurs were still pursuing a champion league place. Classic case of bored journo putting 2 and 2 together to make 5

TBH, I don't think that dmub looking fuck could even manage to come up with 5!

What's everyone's thoughts on our need for a right footed left winger? Siggurdson has impressed me occasionally ob the left but he lacks that turn of pace you need to be great and I dont think AVB would be make do. Azza is another option, but the lack of clinicality (possibly a word) is evident compared to the world beaters of Bale, Ronaldo, Hazard etc no thunderous right foot, pretty tepid actually. I love Lennon and his work rate is second to none, if he established himself on the left it could be wonderful for BAE who has looked at sea with most of his wingers since Bales escapades. Lennon might be the answer in that respect, just think his lack of a finishing touch or willingness to shoot lets him down. Might be our cover this year if we do start a Paul-Sand-Demb midfield with Bale on the right. Townsend is Bale back up, he's not a left winger far more comfortable though fsr greedier on the right cutting inside. Good backup. The seemingly imminent signing of Villa :) could be the answer? I'd see him as the centre forward though, he's similar to Ade (when on form) where he is comfortable playing most of the match on the wing floating about but that does leave a distinct gap for anyone looking to put in a cross as there's no fucker there, would rather his role be an out and out striker (IF he comes). So that leaves it for someone to fill that gap. I'll automatically discount Dempsey and Holtby as they look completely uncomfortable there. So that means we're gonna have to bring somebody in? It's a strange position not to have somebody in, right footed left wingers are ten to the dozen in world football, its just picking the right one. We probably haven't had true quality in that department since Ginola. Steed was a worker, Pienar didn't work. Just need to find the right balance with BAE as well, Pienar complements Baines at Everton perfectly but here he was ineffective (somebody blame Harry:) I've compiled a completely unimaginative shortlist of players who I would like within a reasonable price range (£10 millionish) Ashley Young, Nani, Moses, Mirallas, Sinclair, Shaquiri, about ten Brazilians I know nothing of except FIFA 13. Apologies for length of post was writing whilst on the thrown, might have IBS, another curveball in this transfer window. Who would you kike as our right footed left winger anyhow? :niko:

I think Sigurdsson could be just fine on the left, he has guile to offset the lack of pace - can find a good pass as well.

I think its becoming apparent that should we make the moves suggested a good attacking LB is essential. Not sure if Ekotto/Rose fit the bill entirely.

What's everyone's thoughts on our need for a right footed left winger? Siggurdson has impressed me occasionally ob the left but he lacks that turn of pace you need to be great and I dont think AVB would be make do. Azza is another option, but the lack of clinicality (possibly a word) is evident compared to the world beaters of Bale, Ronaldo, Hazard etc no thunderous right foot, pretty tepid actually. I love Lennon and his work rate is second to none, if he established himself on the left it could be wonderful for BAE who has looked at sea with most of his wingers since Bales escapades. Lennon might be the answer in that respect, just think his lack of a finishing touch or willingness to shoot lets him down. Might be our cover this year if we do start a Paul-Sand-Demb midfield with Bale on the right. Townsend is Bale back up, he's not a left winger far more comfortable though fsr greedier on the right cutting inside. Good backup. The seemingly imminent signing of Villa :) could be the answer? I'd see him as the centre forward though, he's similar to Ade (when on form) where he is comfortable playing most of the match on the wing floating about but that does leave a distinct gap for anyone looking to put in a cross as there's no fucker there, would rather his role be an out and out striker (IF he comes). So that leaves it for someone to fill that gap. I'll automatically discount Dempsey and Holtby as they look completely uncomfortable there. So that means we're gonna have to bring somebody in? It's a strange position not to have somebody in, right footed left wingers are ten to the dozen in world football, its just picking the right one. We probably haven't had true quality in that department since Ginola. Steed was a worker, Pienar didn't work. Just need to find the right balance with BAE as well, Pienar complements Baines at Everton perfectly but here he was ineffective (somebody blame Harry:) I've compiled a completely unimaginative shortlist of players who I would like within a reasonable price range (£10 millionish) Ashley Young, Nani, Moses, Mirallas, Sinclair, Shaquiri, about ten Brazilians I know nothing of except FIFA 13. Apologies for length of post was writing whilst on the thrown, might have IBS, another curveball in this transfer window. Who would you kike as our right footed left winger anyhow? :niko:

zGaSl.gif

I think Sigurdsson could be just fine on the left, he has guile to offset the lack of pace - can find a good pass as well.

I think its becoming apparent that should we make the moves suggested a good attacking LB is essential. Not sure if Ekotto/Rose fit the bill entirely.

All this talk of transfers, and who might be going, and I had TOTALLY forgotten Siggy plays for us!
...like TOTALLY FORGOTTEN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom