Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the past 2 seasons January onwards we play shit and have no luck.

Sorry but I can't be the only being pissed of for not buying a striker in January.

Can safely say, that while you may not be the only one, im not with you on that.

January isnt the window to be building a sqaud. we're fourth, halfway through a massively transitional season. probably the most transitional season we've had since the :bmj:era. Most of us would probably agree, we haven't hit our stride yet. I dont see why us not signing a 20 million player means we're any worse off?

look at recent january signings... Nelsen, Saha, Guddjonsen, Chimbonda, GUNTER??? HOSSAM GHALY???
Gilberto was a january singing... need i say anymore?

everyone predicting a meltdown is talking absolute shit, in my opinion.

Hey AberdeenYid...
first_time_gif_reactions_to_seeing_guys_package_50.gif

Can safely say, that while you may not be the only one, im not with you on that.

January isnt the window to be building a sqaud. we're fourth, halfway through a massively transitional season. probably the most transitional season we've had since the :bmj:era. Most of us would probably agree, we haven't hit our stride yet. I dont see why us not signing a 20 million player means we're any worse off?

look at recent january signings... Nelsen, Saha, Guddjonsen, Chimbonda, GUNTER??? HOSSAM GHALY???
Gilberto was a january singing... need i say anymore?

everyone predicting a meltdown is talking absolute shit, in my opinion.
Yeah your right we shouldn't sign anyone in January. I mean why the fuck did we buy Holtby now, he didn't make any difference in the Norwich game.

Strikers? pffft they are so overrated. We enjoy spurs having 20+ shots a game and not scoring, whilst the over team has 1 shot and scores.

Yeah your right we shouldn't sign anyone in January. I mean why the fuck did we buy Holtby now, he didn't make any difference in the Norwich game.

Strikers? pffft they are so overrated. We enjoy spurs having 20+ shots a game and not scoring, whilst the over team has 1 shot and scores.

There is a difference in signing someone you know will make a marked difference for a paltry amount and splurging your entire amount on one player. To quote Han Solo...

Han Solo said:
It's not like dusting crops boy!

I've never said once on here we should spend shit loads on one player. I'm just annoyed we didn't get a striker that we've been crying out for years. Everyone seems overjoyed that Harry Kane is back and our injuries this season is ok. With back ups like Bentley and Livermore they might as well hand us the title now.

I don't remember about Moutinho, but last night was pretty much all sky after about 7pm. On off on off on off bull shit.

I seem to remember Mouts being the same. They are arch bullshitters, as bad as POTL IMO.

Quote from AVB, OS 01/09/12

“This has been a busy transfer window and I cannot praise highly enough the efforts the Club made to sign Joao Moutinho. I have said all along that this was never an easy transfer and as such we never had enormous expectations of getting this deal across the line."

Not defending Sky, but at least this shows we did try to sign him,

allegedly:defoe:

i never said we absolutely SHOULDNT sign anyone, but this isnt Fifa13 son. The transfer of a human being for multiple millions is a ridiculously difficult process. The better the player, the more his club will want to keep him, or earn from him. You make it sound like we should just chuck 25Mill at Inter and offer LD 100K a week.

The reality is, it couldnt be anymore difficult than that.

The alternative, is sign a shitty player that, while adding to the numbers, wont IMPROVE the team. id rather we sign One moutinho, than 10 Saha's.

And also, you're right, we've signed Holtby. Why arent you happy with that? how many other clubs have signed one of the most exciting young prospects in the world, with proven first team experience, at one of the top leagues in the world, for... essentially nothing??

Answer, NO FUCKING ONE!!! JUST US, MUHFUGGA'S.

Quote from AVB, OS 01/09/12

“This has been a busy transfer window and I cannot praise highly enough the efforts the Club made to sign Joao Moutinho. I have said all along that this was never an easy transfer and as such we never had enormous expectations of getting this deal across the line."

Not defending Sky, but at least this shows we did try to sign him,

allegedly:defoe:

Well that's fair enough, but this time may have been engineering by sky.

My opinion on Harry Kane being back is equal to my opinion on who won the last X factor.

Im happy for whoever involved but it bothers me not in the slightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom