Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked AVB's response to the whole thing, that basically it'd been the media circus to blame for the fans getting all up in arms. No wonder they (the media) hate him. Much as with Mourinho, Whiskyface, or some of the other more "I do what I want" sorts, we'll have to learn when AVB is being genuine with the media and when he's playing them. Personally feel like they deserve to be duped from time to time, given what they're willing to do for money.

There is a difference in signing someone you know will make a marked difference for a paltry amount and splurging your entire amount on one player. To quote Han Solo...

Oh no you didn't just bring Star Wars into this.

It's motherfucking on now baby!

tumblr_mhe8xzZlQQ1qclvfho1_500.gif

yeah, I don't really blame Damiao in this deal. By all accounts the personal terms were agreed, it was Inter that didn't want to do the deal and are constantly moving the goal posts around.

yeah, I don't really blame Damiao in this deal. By all accounts the personal terms were agreed, it was Inter that didn't want to do the deal and are constantly moving the goal posts around.

Special relationship my arse. We should sever all ties with them and look at other targets now.

Special relationship my arse. We should sever all ties with them and look at other targets now.
I see that there major rivalry is with Gremio, whose colors are black and BLUE!

Moreover, they've got a promising young striker named LEANDRO!!!

:levyeyes:

#neverred

Yeah it was inter that made us leave it so late in the window before putting in a bid..... there was no bid.

Our special relationship with them consists of Levy calling them up and saying "to keep the naive fools happy can you leak a story about how you've turned a bid down, ciao"

Yeah it was inter that made us leave it so late in the window before putting in a bid..... there was no bid.

Our special relationship with them consists of Levy calling them up and saying "to keep the naive fools happy can you leak a story about how you've turned a bid down, ciao"

I haven't found anyone who can explain this conspiracy theory to me, in a way which makes sense. Seems to be ill thought out.

1) What purpose does Daniel Levy have to fabricate bids like this? The general idea seems to be that it "keeps idiots quiet", but if that's the case it's clearly not working based on the meltdown on twitter and elsewhere yesterday. Besides this, keep idiots quiet to stop them from doing what? What power would they have if they suddenly knew the whole thing was a lie? None, so what purpose does he have to lie?

2) How does he keep getting the media, and other clubs to go along with it? Seems unlikely that he'd just be able to give clubs calls asking for them to make up bids. Same with the media, especially if they were all bullshit (which seems to be the accusation) then surely people would eventually realise it's all smoke and mirrors. What do these clubs get out of lying?

Suggesting the media makes up these things themselves is slightly different, because the suggestion that Sky manipulated their coverage of the Damiao deal yesterday to keep ratings high certainly rings true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom