Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sammy, do yourself a favour - calm down a bit - then re read the exchange.

The only reason I have quoted is because you are trying to pick things out that arent there. I wasnt going to respond on the matter at all until this:

Which, quite honestly, I think was deliberately missing the point made. Since when Ive only tried to clarify my position.

Bottom line is I think Dempsey is a good option in Jan, you think he is shit. I dont agree with your point but I accept it, its your right to an opinion. All that nonsense about comparing him to other players and making it an either/or situation is you trying to twist a simple point to make another - which I really dont get - hence the idea you are desperate to score points.

Ill tell you what, you leave it there and Ill do the same, next time something comes up Ill debate it as a clean slate

At the end of the day, you are the one who took the thread off topic by constantly talking about me and my supposed personality traits that you know nothing about. YOU replied, by YOUR choice.

Dont blame me because YOU feel like YOU "lost the internet" and you cant deal with that. LOL, score points?

To think like that is a million miles from even entering my mind......says alot about YOUR state of mind. Good luck with your sensible debating (haha)

Another deluded hypocrite, blinded by the maine on his high horse.

With all this noise about Anzhi about to sell it's high earners, anyone think that Lacina Traoré could be a decent acquisition to offer competition to the striker spot? All those players know they have to come back to earth on their salaries and I reckon he'd probably be about €10mish if they are having a fire sale.

23, decent goal return, big lump...?

The only things Ive lost here Sammy are time and a little dignity for it continuing.

The only reason Ive pointed out what I have is because that is EXACTLY how you present yourself, it infers nothing on my own personality.

Quite honestly I dont give a shit, the only thing to have bothered me was being deliberately misinterpreted - something of an annoyance, no more.

Regardless of how you continue I am leaving it here, the one thing you did get right was that this has taken the thread OT.

With all this noise about Anzhi about to sell it's high earners, anyone think that Lacina Traoré could be a decent acquisition to offer competition to the striker spot? All those players know they have to come back to earth on their salaries and I reckon he'd probably be about €10mish if they are having a fire sale.

You would hope they do, but honestly Id be surprised if any were to give too much lee-way on their demands.

It may end up being like City, in that the club virtually give the players away so the buying club stands half a chance of matching their wage demands

Would rather have Willian.

You would hope they do, but honestly Id be surprised if any were to give too much lee-way on their demands.

It may end up being like City, in that the club virtually give the players away so the buying club stands half a chance of matching their wage demands
I don't think so, they are paying way too much. Nobody is going to pay Eto'o anything near to £300k p/w at 32 years old. He'll be lucky to make £150k off someone now, retirement is more likely.

And you think that anyone is going to give Christopher Samba a rocket fuelled pay check? These players will have to adapt or find themselves with a lot of free time to improve their stats on FIFA 14...

I don't think so, they are paying way too much. Nobody is going to pay Eto'o anything near to £300k p/w at 32 years old. He'll be lucky to make £150k off someone now, retirement is more likely.

And you think that anyone is going to give Christopher Samba a rocket fuelled pay check? These players will have to adapt or find themselves with a lot of free time to improve their stats on FIFA 14...

I hope you are right mate, I really do - Im just not sure it would play out that way.

The only things Ive lost here Sammy are time and a little dignity for it continuing.

The only reason Ive pointed out what I have is because that is EXACTLY how you present yourself, it infers nothing on my own personality.

Quite honestly I dont give a shit, the only thing to have bothered me was being deliberately misinterpreted - something of an annoyance, no more.

Regardless of how you continue I am leaving it here, the one thing you did get right was that this has taken the thread OT.

Don't bite, he's just having another argument du jour.

I rather aim for top players or no players at all instead of 3rd grade cloggers

I hope this window finally confirmed that with the acquisition of Soldado and Paulinho
Lols, yeah good one, we can attract world class strikers to sit as squad players :mong:

Oh, and 3rd grade clogger :avbshock::adegrin2:

No - I called Traore that - the other poster made reference to Willian - hence my point about aiming high
By Christ man, I'm a Spurs supporter, not a psychic... You were rubbishing Traore, that's the conversation we were having, stay on point!

Anyway, point being:
1) We have just signed Soldado
2) We have Ade / Defoe (one possibly outgoing)
3) We still need an extra "squad" option
4) This will not be a world class striker
5) This could be a 23 year old with goals in both CL and Europa and a decent 1 in 2 strike record (better than Defoe / Ade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom