Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Anzhi may have a problem on their hands now. Monaco, PSG, Chelsea and City have all done their summer spending for the most part, and who else can afford the wages half that squad are on - especially players motivated by the money in the first place?

By Christ man, I'm a Spurs supporter, not a psychic... You were rubbishing Traore, that's the conversation we were having, stay on point!

Anyway, point being:
1) We have just signed Soldado
2) We have Ade / Defoe (one possibly outgoing)
3) We still need an extra "squad" option
4) This will not be a world class striker
5) This could be a 23 year old with goals in both CL and Europa and a decent 1 in 2 strike record (better than Defoe / Ade)

His strike rate is 1 in 3 actually

We also have Kane

I don't disagree with much of that - my point was

- if Willian and Traore became available tomorrow - I'd rather see us aim for the former instead of another 'just-about' player taking up places and wages. We just managed to shift Dempsey who was also there to 'get goals' and would rather see 1 top player instead of 3 average ones who'd most likely cost more in wages anyway

It's 'mane' not 'maine'.
mmaine.gif

As I said, Im done there.

Its annoying as fuck when people take over threads like that, I dont want to be responsible for it happening further.

Apologies to all for it going on as it did.

Mate, just ignore him, and I don't mean you gotta press a button which says ignore, I mean actually ignore absolutely everything and anything he types, do not quote him as it feeds him. Trust me it's very satisfying.

His strike rate is 1 in 3 actually

We also have Kane

I don't disagree with much of that - my point was

- if Willian and Traore became available tomorrow - I'd rather see us aim for the former instead of another 'just-about' player taking up places and wages. We just managed to shift Dempsey who was also there to 'get goals' and would rather see 1 top player instead of 3 average ones who'd most likely cost more in wages anyway
Sorry, I was looking at what he has done in his adult career, not his teenage years at Cluj (I don't really look at that, otherwise we'd all think Paulinho was a complete waste of money). Anyway, firstly, I don't think Kane will make it as a top player, sorry that's my opinion.

The point isn't Willian or Traore, they're completely different positions. The question is about strikers. Do I think we should have just one good striker? Absolutely not, Soldado needs back up and I have zero confidence in Ade/Defoe. The fact that one of them will likely leave this window means that we definitely need another back up and Traore, at less than £10m, fits that bill.

IF we sell Bale, we might look higher, but then again we'll probably not agree that deal until 2 mins before the window shuts, so won't have a chance to spend a penny of it.
:avbmad::levylol:

Sorry, I was looking at what he has done in his adult career, not his teenage years at Cluj (I don't really look at that, otherwise we'd all think Paulinho was a complete waste of money). Anyway, firstly, I don't think Kane will make it as a top player, sorry that's my opinion.

The point isn't Willian or Traore, they're completely different positions. The question is about strikers. Do I think we should have just one good striker? Absolutely not, Soldado needs back up and I have zero confidence in Ade/Defoe. The fact that one of them will likely leave this window means that we definitely need another back up and Traore, at less than £10m, fits that bill.

IF we sell Bale, we might look higher, but then again we'll probably not agree that deal until 2 mins before the window shuts, so won't have a chance to spend a penny of it.
This is where I disagree - the point is about 'intent' in the transfer market, long-term strategy, and overall squad quality - i.e. less Dempseys and more Dembeles, etc.

I'm also not sure why you've written Ade off - he's had a tough patch but still can offer an immense 'dimension' to our attacking play and selling him would be a ludicrous decision. Opting for someone like Willian would offer far more tactical / formation flexibility, imv - in addition to improving our squad quality (again) exponentially

As for Traore's 'adult' career - massive straw-man, sorry mate - are we now doing 'selective' stats only? What about the league 'level', etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom