Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
So satisfying that you keep reading my posts? What a nob
Completely unrelated to Zin, but that reminds of me a massive omni-cunt here who claims to have me on ignore but keeps referring to me in every 3rd post of his. There are some massive lady gardens out there, fucking hell - the internet does strange shit to people. Or should I say 'rodents'.

Completely unrelated to Zin, but that reminds of me a massive omni-cunt here who claims to have me on ignore but keeps referring to me in every 3rd post of his. There are some massive lady gardens out there, fucking hell - the internet does strange shit to people. Or should I say 'rodents'.

So completely related

:troll:

Fuck this point-scoring petty bullshit from way-back - what's next - @ zin zin pulls out his Excel spreadsheets of who neg-repped who and when

:kaboullol:

This is where I disagree - the point is about 'intent' in the transfer market, long-term strategy, and overall squad quality - i.e. less Dempseys and more Dembeles, etc.

I'm also not sure why you've written Ade off - he's had a tough patch but still can offer an immense 'dimension' to our attacking play and selling him would be a ludicrous decision. Opting for someone like Willian would offer far more tactical / formation flexibility, imv - in addition to improving our squad quality (again) exponentially

As for Traore's 'adult' career - massive straw-man, sorry mate - are we now doing 'selective' stats only? What about the league 'level', etc.
Seriously, what can you not understand about talking about the need for a striker? Is Willian a striker? Does he have any relevance to striker conversation?

And the youth aspect is not a "straw man" argument. Most players are shit at a top competitive level until they hit their twenties. There are a handful of players that can make an impact before their 19th birthday in fact.

Edit: Also, just to give your argument a moment of consideration, why do we need Willian? At this moment in time we have Bale, Lennon, Chadli and Townsend as wingers. Unless Bale is sold he is a gross misuse of funds and I personally think he's pretty shit anyway. Fernandinho and Merkhitaryian (sp?) were the stars of that team.

Last edited:
Seriously, what can you not understand about talking about the need for a striker? Is Willian a striker? Does he have any relevance to striker conversation?

He's an attacking player who would offer us exponentially more options in formation / tactical variation while improving the overall squad quality substantially. We would then adopt our system to incorporate him - the same way we would have should another top class player arrive.

I'm not sure how else to explain this anymore - so will call it a day

He's an attacking player who would offer us exponentially more options in formation / tactical variation while improving the overall squad quality substantially. We would then adopt our system to incorporate him - the same way we would have should another top class player arrive.

I'm not sure how else to explain this anymore - so will call it a day
You can't mate, see my edit above. He's a massively limited player who has never scored goals or gained assists to a good level and would be no better than what we currently have. I think he's an expensive wall flower and doesn't come anywhere near to addressing the lack of strikers.

Astounding comments regarding Willian - I can only assume you're posting from a position of semi-ignorance due to lack of direct 'exposure' and will give you the benefit of the doubt. He's a very, very good player and would be second best wide unit behind Bale if he signed

Astounding comments regarding Willian - I can only assume you're posting from a position of semi-ignorance due to lack of direct 'exposure' and will give you the benefit of the doubt. He's a very, very good player and would be second best wide unit behind Bale if he signed
He scores fuck all, he assists fuck all. I've seen him a lot in Europe for Shaktar over the years have have been impressed not a jot. I'll admit I haven't seen him in an Anzhi shirt but he is a wall flower of the highest order and Anzhi have been pretty unsuccessful so I'm guessing I've not missed a whole heap.

He scores fuck all, he assists fuck all. I've seen him a lot in Europe for Shaktar over the years have have been impressed not a jot. I'll admit I haven't seen him in an Anzhi shirt but he is a wall flower of the highest order and Anzhi have been pretty unsuccessful so I'm guessing I've not missed a whole heap.
Kind of like Moutinho and Modric?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom