Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see us making a lot of moves soon now that our squad is getting smaller. Kind of risky to take action before we knew Hudd Livermore and Parker were off the roster for sure.

catpoo will be named after the internationals

Lennon isn't going anywhere

( said in a serious voice so it sounds like I know what I'm talking about )

I don't ...... Or do I ?

Pleased to see Hudd go. For his sake. I think he has talent and is a prem league player, just not for us now we play the way we do and can buy in better players. Bit surprised that it's Hull.

I am very pleased to see Livermore go out on loan because I think he is good enough to play and gain experience. I don't rate him for us, but if he is going to improve he will do it playing games, not on the bench. If he doesn't improve enough (as I expect he won't) then I reckon there is a fair chance that we get a worthwhile fee for him as a more experienced player who has had game time.

This rumour about Lennon - I wouldn't be totally surprised. I think he is a great player and I love him, but I think AVB will want every player in the team to be coming up with goals. Especially forwards, and for me that is my only critism of a very very good player: he isn't selfish enough in view of goal. We should get a good fee for him if he does go. Not really sure how much we could expect..? Thoughts?
If he does go then I just hope we are bringing in a definite upgrade...else what is the point?
But as I pointed out in earlier posts, our spending (if the rumours of even more new players are true) mean that one or two valuable players are likely to go out and their name may not be Bale. I'd rather balance the books with these sort of exits than Bale.

Feels a bit greedy to say this but I don't see why we aren't targeting both Willian and Lamela this summer if they're available. Whether he leaves this summer or next Bale's fee would easily cover both of them.

Pleased to see Hudd go. For his sake. I think he has talent and is a prem league player, just not for us now we play the way we do and can buy in better players. Bit surprised that it's Hull.

I am very pleased to see Livermore go out on loan because I think he is good enough to play and gain experience. I don't rate him for us, but if he is going to improve he will do it playing games, not on the bench. If he doesn't improve enough (as I expect he won't) then I reckon there is a fair chance that we get a worthwhile fee for him as a more experienced player who has had game time.

This rumour about Lennon - I wouldn't be totally surprised. I think he is a great player and I love him, but I think AVB will want every player in the team to be coming up with goals. Especially forwards, and for me that is my only critism of a very very good player: he isn't selfish enough in view of goal. We should get a good fee for him if he does go. Not really sure how much we could expect..? Thoughts?
If he does go then I just hope we are bringing in a definite upgrade...else what is the point?
But as I pointed out in earlier posts, our spending (if the rumours of even more new players are true) mean that one or two valuable players are likely to go out and their name may not be Bale. I'd rather balance the books with these sort of exits than Bale.

I don't think we would accept anything less than 15m for Lennon. He is only 26(?) and knowing Levy he has more than two years left on his contract, he also has many, many years of experience in the PL and has been a crucial part of our team.

Not gonna lie...I'm going to miss big Tom. It's just a shame, it was always going to be a case of 'what could have been' with him at Spurs. :( An undoubted talent, but needs to be in a team that plays to his strengths.

Do not want to see Lennon go as he's actually one of our good English players. As others have said I think he's above Cardiff's level.

If Lennon was sold I would be gutted. He has been one of our most consistent performers and this is his 9th season for us. He ousted Routledge, then 16 million pound Bentley... and I love him.

Shame Thudd never got back to the 09/10 form. Thanks big man, going to miss your shooting. Hopefully he'll get a chant when we play Hull

Last edited:
I find this ridiculous. Tottenham wants three of Roma's players? Or There might actually be a meeting and he has absolutely no idea who it is about and those are Roma's three best players (I don't really know if that one is true, but guessing)
He qualified it later to say it was pretty much impossible that all three would go - more likely one for the right price. But who knows what's going on - like you say.

Watching Denmark get dicked by Poland.
Christian Eriksen confirming, what I have thought every other time I saw him play the last 2 years:
- No pace
- Crumbles under tight pressing game
- Not nearly good enough for Tottenham

Happy with Livermore leaving, but Huddlestone can be a game changer..

I know what you mean.... Last season we shoulda beaten Wigan away, but *THudd most definitely changed THAT outcome!!!

*disclaimer: others were also to blame. the fault of changing a win to a draw was not solely just down to Tom!
The views expressed here are not necessarily those of the author. Names and dates have been changed to protect the innocent!

I liked Big Tom, but sadly his injuries that have plaqued him for the last couple of seasons or so have hampered what in 2009/10 was looking like he was going to fulfil most of what was expected of him. Sorry to see him go but agree with other people on here - its the right time for him to do so, as he was slipping further down the pecking order - Wish him well.
Livermore on loan - again agree could be good for him and who knows make him a better player for it (as it did for Andros Townsend last season at QPR). Who knows the value of both players could rise enough for us to consider selling to further improve our team.
Lennon has been a good solid player for us over the years - however I did feel that there were times last season that he was missing the final product in the final third of the pitch - hope he doesn't go, but if he does not to a bunch of newly promoted welsh sheep s******s - he deserves a better team than that to show his skills off in.

Watching Denmark get dicked by Poland.
Christian Eriksen confirming, what I have thought every other time I saw him play the last 2 years:
- No pace
- Crumbles under tight pressing game
- Not nearly good enough for Tottenham

Watching the US/Bosnia-Herzegovina game. While I still think Eriksen would be good for us, I've been impressed with Pjanic in this one. Plays an unusually physical game for his size, which is a huge attribute in the Prem for a CAM. If we could pull it off, I'm all for it. But I just don't see Roma letting him go.

As for the Lennon issue, I too am a fan. Fantastic work ethic and I thoroughly enjoy watching him read passes while being twice the distance from an opponent and still winning the ball. However, if Bale stays or we bring in Lamela, where's he going to play? He may have already told the club he's not pleased with his outlook here being 26 in a WC year. I can't see Cardiff though. He'd cost way too much and is far too good. You don't go from rumors of City and Inter sniffing around to Cardiff a few months later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom