Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck selling Lennon

Seriously, if it happens I will be abso-fucking-lutely gutted. If we had sold Dawson last year I would have been so fucking done, and same with Lennon. I hate the idea selling all our loyal, English, long-serving players that I love so much to bring in a load of slightly-better Europeans. They can barely pronounce 'Tottenham' and almost invariably say 'Hotspurs', and our commentators can't pronounce their names either.

I loved Huddlestone. I was beginning to love Caulker. But if they sell Lennon it'll be fucking next level.

Don't leave me Aaron

not-sure-if-racism-or-bad-joke.jpg

Fuck selling Lennon

Seriously, if it happens I will be abso-fucking-lutely gutted. If we had sold Dawson last year I would have been so fucking done, and same with Lennon. I hate the idea selling all our loyal, English, long-serving players that I love so much to bring in a load of slightly-better Europeans. They can barely pronounce 'Tottenham' and almost invariably say 'Hotspurs', and our commentators can't pronounce their names either.

I loved Huddlestone. I was beginning to love Caulker. But if they sell Lennon it'll be fucking next level.

Don't leave me Aaron

:ossie:

But I get what you mean. I would like to see us have a good english base. However sadly, English players just aren't good enough.

....You don't go from rumors of City and Inter sniffing around to Cardiff a few months later.

Yes you do. Some bloke called Damiao was being courted by the mighty Tottenham Hotspur for over 2 years, next thing you know we've cooled our interest and he's looking at offers from Southampton!

All I'm saying is, IMO, when you sell too many of your long-serving, English players, a club loses it's soul a little bit. I want players that love the shirt, like Lennon and Dawson.

All I'm saying is, IMO, when you sell too many of your long-serving, English players, a club loses it's soul a little bit. I want players that love the shirt, like Lennon and Dawson.

I think thats true, selling long serving players, especially ones that have been with you from an early age. But I'm not sure them being English has much to do with it. Either way, the good thing is that we do have other young youth team players coming up into the first team, who will hopefully go on to be long-serving players: Walker, Naughton, Townsend, Carroll, Rose. And we do still have Dawson and Defoe as it stands who have been at the club longer and are English, and Bale, who has been with us six odd years and is a Brit. So, I think we're alright losing one or two, personally.

Not even English, but I gotta agree with this. Big part of why I picked Spurs was the uncharacteristically high level of loyalty exhibited by the players that come through for a big club, as well as the usage of British players vs loading on mercenaries. Unfortunately this would seem to contradict my banging on about the need for a CAM, but we need that role filled NOW and there just isn't a British player who can do it at the moment for us. Would be great if Carroll could, but I think he needs a full Prem loan spell first.

Lennon has played all pre season, played more games last season under AVB than he had in any other previous to that. He won't be sold.

Just a reminder, Aaron Lennon cost us £1m, 8 years ago, from Leeds
:avblol:

walob the only reason they're still here and "loyal" is no team better than us has ever tried to get them, so their "loyalty" aint ever been tested

I want Tottenham to win trophies in style and unfortunately England have been churning out technically bereft cloggers and it's starting to catch up with them

the fans are the soul of the club not the players, most of them couldn't give a toss

Ince is in line to replace Andros Townsend, with the young wideman wanted full-time by Harry Redknapp at Queens Park Rangers.
Townsend, who impressed for the relegation-bound Rs last season after Redknapp signed him on loan, would be part of a £5million double deal also taking Scott Parker from White Hart Lane to Loftus Road.

£5m for Parker AND Townsend? GTFOH :avbmad:!

Just listening to Australian radio on the way to work and Mark Bosnich was on the air. When asked about the new Epl season; who will win? he went on the say this year will be the most competitive yet and feels spurs have bought well and can win it!!!.....before I get blasted about this, it is good to have people involved in the game talking positive about us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom