Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im happy with the ambition shown by the club with all the new signings but I cant help but worry about the impact that they will have on the youth development. More specifically, Tom Carroll.
He is meant to be the player pushing on for a first team start soon, even if its in the EL but how is he going to get a place with all the new MF signings we are making?

Im happy with the ambition shown by the club with all the new signings but I cant help but worry about the impact that they will have on the youth development. More specifically, Tom Carroll.
He is meant to be the player pushing on for a first team start soon, even if its in the EL but how is he going to get a place with all the new MF signings we are making?

I see your point... but if he DOES get a start, then at least he'll be rubbing shoulders with the likes of Capoue, Paulinho, Dembele, Sandro or Holtby in there... rather than 'learning his trade' from Jenas, Parker, THudd or Livermore!!!!!!!

i've been warming to the idea of selling bale and replacing him with lamela, willian and £25m left over to go towards the stadium or for more signings in jan

Agree, but he could learn alot from Parker

Well if you mean Hairstyling tips... then yes, I agree wholeheartedly!!

Carroll_2656097.jpg
34714.jpg

As for this whole replacing-domestic-players-with-foreigners debate, I do agree. Even as a foreigner.

I just don't want us hoarding up loads and loads of domestic players just for the sake of it.

The UEFA quotas for squad composition and the domestic places should be made up exclusively from players fulfilling these criteria

A - seniors players good enough for the first 18 (perhaps at a strech 22).
+
B - junior players with a potential to break into A

As far as I am concerned the club comes first and players like Livermore, Huddlestone, Parker and others, whose place in the first 18 look under threat due to new superior incoming players, should be traded for maximum profitability with little consideration.

On the other hand, decisions like that should be made from careful analysis. E.g. there is no point selling Townsend let alone Lennon just because we happened to sign Chadli, of whom we have no idea can take the step up.

Best of luck to Tom, Jake and Scotty. It's just that the growth of Spurs caught up with them.

Meh, I don't care if we bring in as many foreign players as possible. If anything, the more and more foreigners that come in, and the conseuential continued crumbling of the national side, might be just enough to make the FA get off it's arse and start examining why there is such a lack of talent in this country.

Bent apparently having a medical at Fulham according to rumours

They've assembled a solid side for the season, much respect for the big man!

.......................Stekelenburg

Reither - Hangeland - Amorebieta - Riise

.......Frei - Ruiz - Taarabt - Kacaniklic

.....................Berbatov - Bent

Subs: Boateng, Duff, Karagounis, Sidwell, Rodallega

Sure, but that central midfield is gayer than a window.

Defence should have plenty to do, between them that front 6 have barely put in a tackle in their careers :ossie:

Ruiz and Taarabt centre mid at the same time... risky

Ruiz-Taarabt would be the most ridiculously unworkable CM pairing. They're both No.10s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom