Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either him or Bent - the 3 amigos from a time less glamourous
Who's next for Fulham?
UQG0ckz.png
images
images

Danish Radio just said that Eriksen is now negotiating with us after clubs have agreed fee :avbnaa:Struggling the find written source.

Appearently, though the fee could be even less than £8m :levylol:

Weird deal for all parties involved if any truth.

CE would struggle to get into the starting XI, Ajax could earn way more money on him than this fee and Spurs are looking for a much more dynamic midfielder.

Ruiz-Taarabt would be the most ridiculously unworkable CM pairing. They're both No.10s.
I would imagine one would go on the wing - probably Ruiz

My post wanted to indicate the 'talent' 11 they've managed to acquire, not re-write the books on contemporary football tactics

Last edited:
I would imagine one would go on the wing - probably Ruiz

My post wanted to indicated the 'talent' 11 they've managed to acquire, not re-write the books on contemporary football tactics

Ha, fair enough. Just being a pedant.

For my part I'm seeing:

Schwarzer
Reither, Hangeland, Senderos, Briggs
Frei/Duff, Sidwell, Boateng/Parker, Kacaniklic
Ruiz
Berbatov

Bent and Taarabt both as bench options

CE would struggle to get into the starting XI, Ajax could earn way more money on him than this fee and Spurs are looking for a much more dynamic midfielder.

Has Eriksen regressed a bit then? A couple of seasons ago he was looking like the real deal in central midfield - like a natural replacement for Modric (*edit* 'cept with more goals).

Has Eriksen regressed a bit then? A couple of seasons ago he was looking like the real deal in central midfield - like a natural replacement for Modric (*edit* 'cept with more goals).

Regressed? No. He has just found his level, it appears to me.

Listen up, he plays in Holland. For Ajax. The most posession orientated team in the world bar FC Barcelona. In that league they have the ball all the time, it seems. Behind him he has two workhorses, which in the easier games are e.g. De Jong and Schöne, both brilliant on the ball, giving him even more time to find space. In front of him he never has less than 3 forwards making runs for him all the time, Ajax playing a true 4-3-3

Under these circumstances the entire team is built around him or whoever playing that position. No wonder he flatters to decieve in that league, where defences are very modest and very, very casual.

Everytime he plays for Denmark, an inferior side playing stronger teams than in Holland hit the benchmark. When playing in Europe he is easily negated by tight marking or high pressing.

He just isn't the player all foreigners think he is.

Oddly, I often read and hear foreign journalists and fans describe him as "quick". The man is dog slow and I doubt he could outrace Wes Sneijder (for comparison). He is definately not as quick on the first yards as VdV either and nowhere near as vibrant in the ability to find space.

Reading in particular English media and findind him compared to Lamela - an extremely mobile and aggressive wide dribbler, if not too pacy - and Willian - another aggressive, penetrationorientated and quite pacy #10 - is very suprising. Don't there writers ever actually watch these players play?

Last edited:
'fart' means fare.
Midfare. The middle of your journey. Middle of the country. Geddit? :harrylol:

If you have any further questions as to how the guttural mumblings of your ancestors were converted into a rich - and occasionall funny - language by the kind Norse invaders, do feel free to ask

:bentley:

This to me is of very little surprise, being of swedish descent with only a few cycles of the moon living in England, I regularly engage in laughing at both the norwegian and danish language.

Of course we also have "fart" in our language meaning something else, which it should do in norwegian too, no?

By the way, I think Eriksen would be a great signing for £8m.

This to me is of very little surprise, being of swedish descent with only a few cycles of the moon living in England, I regularly engage in laughing at both the norwegian and danish language.

Of course we also have "fart" in our language meaning something else, which it should do in norwegian too, no?

And just to derail even further - fart can be translated as crossing; so in this case the central crossing (of the Lillebælt).
+1 for Eriksen and a new lillywhite shirt will be shipped to Denmark :)

Is Eriksen tough enough for the EPL??

Is Eriksen tough enough for the EPL??

I think he is.

He is just not what we need.

He'd make a very good #10 for e.g. Martinez' Everton, I'd say. Just as an example.

I just think we could do better or should stick with any of Siggy, Holtby, Dembele, Carroll or one of the youngsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom