Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see us going for the 3 central midfielders of Holtby, Paulinho and Dembele against lesser teams that just want to defend. People are suggesting we need a designated CAM to break down these teams, but I think all 3 would be able to contribute significantly in attack, and they could rotate who goes forward and who stays back. Tactics are never as simple as the formation

Jesus people, we're not getting Ozil. Sorry to be all realistic and whatnot but it's best you just get it out of your head.
it would be lovely though. I really rate Khedira too.
the only way we will ever see them at WHL again is to get Real in the CL again. (although playing them in the europa would be awful funny)

I don't think we need a central attacking midfielder. We need a wider more direct attacker a la Willian and Lamela. More prominently a right footed left sided midfielder. Think lennon and townsend covers the right not sold on Chadli being our world beater yet. an oscar hazard willian nani nasri wes hoolihan (lolz) sessegnon like mo fo would be ideal. Wonder what AVB has planned now .....??? :avbcringe:

And how do you suppose we're going to get the rock to these wingers/forwards without a top quality CAM? Once again, check the internet. It's saturated with articles discussing our lack of creativity in the middle.

I wish we'd go after one of these three: Diego from Wolfsburg, Mathieu Valbuena from OM, or Alan Dzagoev from CSKA . All three are great players. Any one of them would bring the creativity we need to our midfield.

Maybe AVB should try to sign Demba Ba from Chelski (now that Willian has joined them - or near as damn it anyway), so with Torres, Oscar, Hazard, Ramieres & Lampard all capable of scoring goals Demba Ba might get pushed further down the pecking order - he'd be available for about £10m I reckon a steel for a proven premier league striker.

I wish we'd go after one of these three: Diego from Wolfsburg, Mathieu Valbuena from OM, or Alan Dzagoev from CSKA . All three are great players. Any one of them would bring the creativity we need to our midfield.

Diego and Valbuena (Diego in particular) are both good players, but at age 28 I think we could do better and younger. Dzagoev simply isn't attractive enough to pull on a Spurs shirt, gotta keep that rep of best looking side in the Prem.

Remy Cabella (Montpellier) is a name being tossed around a good bit. Has done well at a big club and would surely jump at the chance to play for us.

Maybe AVB should try to sign Demba Ba from Chelski (now that Willian has joined them - or near as damn it anyway), so with Torres, Oscar, Hazard, Ramieres & Lampard all capable of scoring goals Demba Ba might get pushed further down the pecking order - he'd be available for about £10m I reckon a steel for a proven premier league striker.

I believe Ba's wages are pretty astronomical iirc.

I doubt Chelsea would sell to us considering what they have done about Willian. I also doubt that Ba would be a target considering we we never really seriously linked with him when he wanted out of Newcastle. Can't imagine we'd go after a player we, seemingly, passed on before he went to Chelsea.

Dzagoev simply isn't attractive enough to pull on a Spurs shirt, gotta keep that rep of best looking side in the Prem.
Have to agree with that. If you don't have crazy hair, have a boring name or look like you've been hit in the face with a shovel then you're not coming to Spurs.

Come to think of it, why have we never signed Vagner Love?

I doubt Chelsea would sell to us considering what they have done about Willian. I also doubt that Ba would be a target considering we we never really seriously linked with him when he wanted out of Newcastle. Can't imagine we'd go after a player we, seemingly, passed on before he went to Chelsea.

Another reason, Ba has been atrocious since going to Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom