Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has someone ever told you that you might, just might, be over-analytical? :freund::lennonlol:

:dawsonlol: I assume you've read none of my battles with Mr Gibbs.

I'm the son of a scientist, a student of a profession of science myself, and have played this game my entire life - and I absolutely fucking adore it. It is what it is I suppose.

I hope we try like hell to hold on to Capoue, as he'd be brilliant in Poch's system. His defensive awareness, pass disruption, mobility, forward-directed, and quick yet clever release would be immense in shielding the wide back line and pressing with possession.

I don't know who you are talking about there but it isnt Capoue. He is toilet.

Tim?

Nah, but I could not disagree more. You not watch any of the games last August? Absolutely incredible in those performances, especially since he had only just arrived and from a foreign league.

He played one game from my memory at the start of the season against Woolwich away which was only our second game of the season and was ONE of the better players (Apparently so..I remember slating him afterwards..) on the pitch for us. Which really isn't saying much.
I don't know where this myth comes from that he started well.

He is shite and that will be proven this season.

He played one game from my memory at the start of the season against Woolwich away which was only our second game of the season and was ONE of the better players (Apparently so..I remember slating him afterwards..) on the pitch for us. Which really isn't saying much.
I don't know where this myth comes from that he started well.

He is shite and that will be proven this season.

My friend, he came into the first game of the season at Palace for Dembele, and his performance was so immense he played every second in the league until his injury at the Emirates. So I'm afraid your memory pertaining to that time is a bit off.

But as for your opinion of the player, I cannot dissuade you after what all has already been said. All I can do is hope that he proves you wrong next season, and I think we can both at least agree this happens :thumbup:

My friend, he came into the first game of the season at Palace for Dembele, and his performance was so immense he played every second in the league until his injury at the Emirates. So I'm afraid your memory pertaining to that time is a bit off.

But as for your opinion of the player, I cannot dissuade you after what all has already been said. All I can do is hope that he proves you wrong next season, and I think we can both at least agree this happens :thumbup:

So Capoue came on as a sub in a 1-0 win at palace and did "Immense" and then he played against Woolwich away in a 1-0 loss and was also immense im guessing?

It proves my point that the hype around him is stupid because he played 120 minutes of football and we're wanking off to that memory? He was shite when he returned, and didn't do anything for me in that 120 minutes at the start of the season that says he will improve.

Anyway, agree to disagree.

So Capoue came on as a sub in a 1-0 win at palace and did "Immense" and then he played against Woolwich away in a 1-0 loss and was also immense im guessing?

It proves my point that the hype around him is stupid because he played 120 minutes of football and we're wanking off to that memory? He was shite when he returned, and didn't do anything for me in that 120 minutes at the start of the season that says he will improve.

Anyway, agree to disagree.

It seems you've forgotten the 90 minutes of play he put in during our hosting of Swansea between the Palace and Woolwich games. A game which includes another shutout, which is directly relevant seeing as he's a defensive central mid. So no, I'm afraid your point has no viable proof if you can't correctly remember the events of the period. I'm sorry mate if this sounds mean, but it seems your memory of the period, and basis from which to evaluate the player, is consequently difficult to trust in this regard.

Last edited:
It seems you've forgotten the 90 minutes of play he put in during our hosting of Swansea between the Palace and Woolwich games. A game which includes another shutout, which is directly relevant seeing as he's a defensive central mid. So no, I'm afraid your point has no viable proof if you can't correctly remember the events of the period. I'm sorry mate if this sounds mean, but it seems your memory of the period, and basis from which to evaluate the player, is consequently difficult to trust in this regard.

Need to see a lot more of Capoue before I make up my mind. In the few game I saw him he looked lazy, not tracking runners, a bit Danny Rose in mentality, needs a much better season next year although deserves more games to see if he is up to our level. For me he did a 5/10 job in the games he played last year, Bentaleb by contrast was a 6 or 7 out of 10 for me and he's a kid, needs improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom