Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to see a lot more of Capoue before I make up my mind. In the few game I saw him he looked lazy, not tracking runners, a bit Danny Rose in mentality, needs a much better season next year although deserves more games to see if he is up to our level. For me he did a 5/10 job in the games he played last year, Bentaleb by contrast was a 6 or 7 out of 10 for me and he's a kid, needs improvement.

Capoue's issue was that once he got injured at the Deathstar he spent a lot of his time sampling the pies. If he hadn't got injured I'm sure he could have been a definite starter in Sandro's position. Hopefully a summer off and pre-season to get fully fit we'll see Capoue come good. We've not seen enough of him to warrant writing him off just yet. Everyone we signed last summer in the wake of losing Bale, we need to give a second season chance to as they should have hopefully have bedded in better having had a year of training, playing and living the lifestyle over here.

Capoue's issue was that once he got injured at the Deathstar he spent a lot of his time sampling the pies. If he hadn't got injured I'm sure he could have been a definite starter in Sandro's position. Hopefully a summer off and pre-season to get fully fit we'll see Capoue come good. We've not seen enough of him to warrant writing him off just yet. Everyone we signed last summer in the wake of losing Bale, we need to give a second season chance to as they should have hopefully have bedded in better having had a year of training, playing and living the lifestyle over here.

Agree with second chances for most of them

Eriksen - Amazing will only get better
Lamela - Liked the very few game he played but can't say anything else
Capoue - Got talent but needs to do better
Chirches - Our best CB prior to his injury, really want him to stay
Chadli - Fits and starts, confused as to his best position, would take a good offer
Soldado - We get a good offer let him go, had every chance to shine but doesn't look like he can cope with PL football
Paulinho - Bizarre, scored 8 goals, some wonderful passes but looked like a headless chicken many games, want to keep him and see where he goes.

Pretty much agree with the above.

Chadli is a solid squad player that can fill in positions across the front three. Not so much at DM where Sherwood bizarrely decided to play him?! I would keep him as he does seem to have the ability to score some goals, discounting his miss against the Woolwich. Think his goal against Newcastle and then the two against Benfica.

Soldado, has unfortunately not had the benefit of playing a system that suits his game. I would like to see what Pochettino can do with him as he would surely know what his strengths are having seen him up close in La Liga. Plus his penalty taking ability is brilliant compared to that of Adebayor. Think of the ones he scored early on for us to win matches. Ade would more than likely missed all those.

Consider how many top strikers are out there for us to get at the moment. We're looking at having to pay silly money to get one. Even then we cannot offer Champions League football to any of the star names out there. Ideally we'd get Lukaku but I cannot see that one happening. Benteke is injured and probably a good shout as a January transfer once he's proven his fitness. Looks like Swansea want about £20m+ for Bony. Remy looks to be heading to Woolwich. I say give Soldado another season to prove himself he's had a difficult first year with us, due to manager change, adapting to new league and system. Not to mention the stuff in his personal life. Even then his goals including penalties and assist stats aren't terrible. He has shown flashes of what he can do we just need to get behind him and not write him off just yet.

I'm glad you asked. Another fella posted this one last night:
qISsv6X.png

Clearly as good as Dembele is at weaving through the middle of the field, creating vital plays in the final third from deep is not his forte.
Double wow, I love the 'star' highlighting which one is best, it's like top trumps made easy.

However, I can see the stats on assists ,etc, but they actually do one for 'weaving' as well? I know Belgium is famous for it's lace so I guess weaving must be on the national curriculum.

I reckon that Pjanic would be top for 'embroidery' but it's just a hunch as it is more popular on the continent.

Mooooorrrrre pwease.

Need to see a lot more of Capoue before I make up my mind. In the few game I saw him he looked lazy, not tracking runners, a bit Danny Rose in mentality, needs a much better season next year although deserves more games to see if he is up to our level. For me he did a 5/10 job in the games he played last year, Bentaleb by contrast was a 6 or 7 out of 10 for me and he's a kid, needs improvement.

He was poor in the regard of tracking runners after his injury and under Sherwood. It's difficult to trust that since his play in general appeared rather forced since he was trying to desperately make an imprint because of the rise of Bentaleb. In August, he had no problem with this and excelled in breaking up attacks. I think he will be excellent next year if kept.

Moreno is quality but why are the scousers after him (allegedly) Flanagan/Jhonson deputised well there in Enriques absence and im assuming Enrique will be alive this year. Odd one.

You have to remember, their demands will be very different next year. This year, they had no Europe and no extended cup runs and still won no trophies with their squad. Between the increased demands for league performance, CL performance, and cup performances that come after finishing second, they're going to have to massively increase the size and quality of their squad if they're going to want to compete on all fronts.

You have to remember, their demands will be very different next year. This year, they had no Europe and no extended cup runs and still won no trophies with their squad. Between the increased demands for league performance, CL performance, and cup performances that come after finishing second, they're going to have to massively increase the size and quality of their squad if they're going to want to compete on all fronts.

I expect to see Liverpool struggle on four fronts as the depth in their squad isn't even on a par with ours. Yes you all may laugh at me thinking that, but we should have two sides we could put out to play. Our injury list last season pretty much stopped that from happening a lot of the time.

I expect to see Liverpool struggle on four fronts as the depth in their squad isn't even on a par with ours. Yes you all may laugh at me thinking that be we could/should have two sides we could put out to play. Our injury list last season pretty much stopped that from happening a lot of the time.

I completely agree, and I think many 'pool fans would as well. Have heard many of them state that our squad was superior, but that their consolidated first eleven was superior. There's no way I could argue against that. They know damn well they're going to have to add tremendously to be able to compete, and that's evidenced by how busy they've already been this summer.

One thing that can be said is that Rodger's transfer record isn't great. Signed quite a number of average players. Hopefully that'll continue. For every Philippe Coutinho there is a Iago Aspas, Joe Allen or Fabio Borini. Think I would be more worried if they were getting Fabregas. I am not sure if they will be making a blockbuster player signing even with their CL windfall. Gerrard isn't getting any younger and is Henderson a reliable replacement? Can see us competing with them again.

Sorry for going off the topic of our transfer business. Now back on point. Have we signed Ben Davies yet?

Completely agree they have to strengthen, but a £30 million pound left back seems an odd target, especially with their pre existing options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom