Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Townsend hasn't started a league game since November 10th. Almost four months.

So what? How Dortmund is performing has got absolutely nothing to do with our chances of getting him.

If, and that's IF he wants to leave Dortmund, every other club in the world will be in for the grab.
We're talking Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, PSG, City etc.

Guy is without doubt one of the best CBs in the world, and he just turned 25! He's got like 10 good years in him.

Absolutely no fucking chance.
What I'm saying is that maybe he isn't that good if they've lost all those games

What I'm saying is that maybe he isn't that good if they've lost all those games

Sigh. Seriously. :chadliblow:

Guy's been constantly injured all season. He's played 11 games.
Messi playing 11 games for them wouldn't have won them the championship. But he's not that good either then, is he?

Edit: Oh yeah, and wonder boy/Barcelona-prospect Ter Stegen & his Gladbach team has lost 7 - one more than Dortmund. Shit keeper then, figure West Ham will get him.

Last edited:
personally a combo of vlad and verts next year looks sound...i\f kaboul dosent resign then we will need another cb..we ether go young and promising or established and good..
i wouldnt mind mangala from Porto...we should of also had a stab at zouma (cuntski have him now)

JohnnyS JohnnyS
besides the actual football nothing pique's the interest of fans as much as transfers...
tbh wouldbt be surprised if spurs sign very little players...(pehaps a few young propects but nothing else)

Jokes aside, i can't see us doing business too early this summer. Didn't happen in the past so there's no reason why it would happen now, especially in a year with a World Cup.

Jokes aside, i can't see us doing business too early this summer. Didn't happen in the past so there's no reason why it would happen now, especially in a year with a World Cup.

this may be the key point here...whilst you want to get in early as prices will inflate if they have a good world cup, players and their teams probably will hedge their bets and only do deals after in an effort to get more money...world cup year will always be tough..heres hoping benteke doesnt fire for belgium

this may be the key point here...whilst you want to get in early as prices will inflate if they have a good world cup, players and their teams probably will hedge their bets and only do deals after in an effort to get more money...world cup year will always be tough..heres hoping benteke doesnt fire for belgium
We should buy early if we are smart as it's quite likely that some of our targets will only get more expensive after the WC. If van Gaal is appointed (which can only be after the WC) and knowing Levy, it is hard to believe we do any business before the WC ends.

We should buy early if we are smart as it's quite likely that some of our targets will only get more expensive after the WC. If van Gaal is appointed (which can only be after the WC) and knowing Levy, it is hard to believe we do any business before the WC ends.

we have done good bussiness after the world cup before...modric springs to mind...its also a good time to scout players too as players for the 'fringe' countries may show themselves to be to a high standard against european opposition..guess it works both ways...still i cant see the obvisious choices getting any cheaper..

Anyone still opposed to a potential Konoplyanka buy after his performance tonight? Guy is complete and utter class.

Played very well and looks like a very good player, but I fear he could be overrated. He seems to disappear. That may be to Dnipro's seemingly lack of getting him the ball, but it fears me that they don't always look to get him the ball.

Played very well and looks like a very good player, but I fear he could be overrated. He seems to disappear. That may be to Dnipro's seemingly lack of getting him the ball, but it fears me that they don't always look to get him the ball.

Think so? They struggled to hold on to the ball as was, and yet when he did receive it he created problems more often than not. Once he was shifted to the central midfield late in the second half, his work shifted the average line of play backwards and still ran at our back line into the dying minutes that was trying to maintain possession. He has consistently performed for over four years now on the international circuit and has now shone brightly in a performance against a strong English club.

The only three players I've wanted this badly in a Spurs shirt since Modric and VdV left, due to their abilities and how well I think they'd fit in at Spurs, have been Moutinho, Eriksen, and now this guy. Eriksen didn't turn out too badly, and I don't think guy would either. If he's a flop on his arrival in the Prem next year, I'll wear underwear on my head to the clinic every day for the rest of the season.

Think so? They struggled to hold on to the ball as was, and yet when he did receive it he created problems more often than not. Once he was shifted to the central midfield late in the second half, his work shifted the average line of play backwards and still ran at our back line into the dying minutes that was trying to maintain possession. He has consistently performed for over four years now on the international circuit and has now shone brightly in a performance against a strong English club.

The only three players I've wanted this badly in a Spurs shirt since Modric and VdV left, due to their abilities and how well I think they'd fit in at Spurs, have been Moutinho, Eriksen, and now this guy. Eriksen didn't turn out too badly, and I don't think guy would either. If he's a flop on his arrival in the Prem next year, I'll wear underwear on my head to the clinic every day for the rest of the season.

honest question..

whats his assist and goal record like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom