Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Ryan Bertrand is not the answer I'm looking for. Not good and not even that young. He's not an improvement on Rose for me.

Bertrand like Rose spent a loan season at a club fighting relegation, hardly a sign of a player that is going to improve our squad. I'm guessing his one bow in his cap is that he's a Champions League winner. Would put him down as one to avoid. We might as well stick with Rose.

Bertrand like Rose spent a loan season at a club fighting relegation, hardly a sign of a player that is going to improve our squad. I'm guessing his one bow in his cap is that he's a Champions League winner. Would put him down as one to avoid. We might as well stick with Rose.

He's the worst starter in a champions league final in the last ten years if not longer. First line on his CV.

What are you talking about? Sanchez isn't remotely similar to Cazorla or Rosicky... And he's far better than them.

They really need a defensive mid... haha. Honestly, it's like you don't actually watch football and are saying things that were relevant 10 years ago. No team in the top 4 this season had a conventional DM except for Chelsea (and they signed Matic half way through the season). Man City didn't use a conventional DM, neither did Liverpool and neither did Scum. Where did they finish? Oh right, in the top 4. Needing a strong defensive midfielder is completely irrelevant nowadays.

Khedira isn't a defensive midfielder...

Khedira is a defensive midfielder.
City had Fernandinho and even played Demichelis as a DMF at times last season.
Liverpool has Lucas, he's a DMF as well.. Played 27 league games for them.
Chelsea had Luiz who can play DMF before they got Matic in.
Gooners played Flamini in a DMF role.

Not sure what you were doing last season, but doesn't seem you saw a lot of games. DMFs were relevant 10 years ago... Ha. Did you happen to see De Jong man mark Messi for the whole semi final of this world cup? Did you see how Mascherano broke up and blocked Hollands every attempt to play in the final 3rd?
:pochfacepalm:

Can't comment on Bertrand don't know him well enough to make any assesment so have no idea if he will be good or bad. What I find quite bizarre is why we seem to be looking at midfielders, our midfield is really good, it's the LB, CB and forwards that need replacing. We should be looking at Davies, Bony, Lovern and Remy not Schneiderlin.

F
útbol Mercato ‏@FutboIMercato 10m

#Tottenham #Hotspur officially transfer-list #Erik #Lamela for £20m. #Liverpool long-term admirers of the Argentine.#

I really hope this is bollox.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom