Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree even if we got 15 mill I'd cut our losses, he could well be broken after this plus he looks knackered, runs at 10mph. One player however who does look worse than him though is Hulk, Jesus can you imagine if all those rumours when AVB was in charge came to fruition, we'd be stuck with two of them.

I'll be happy if we sign no-one this summer providing we don't lose any key players either. There I said it, call me crazy but I want to see what all our players are really capable of before we bring in players that would potentially kill off the youth talent we have. We bring in another striker and all of a sudden Kane is nowhere near the first team. We bring in a left back and we're either giving up on Rose or Zeki and I don't think it's fair to give up on either yet. You all seem insistent on a clean slate after last season... But for a few players... Rose, Pauli and Vertonghen.

I say give the team we've got a chance, let everyone really get settled and save the money for January if there are any glaring wholes in the team. Why don't we finally do a transition season properly?! Fuck spending money and having media + fan pressure, bring some youth talent through and see what we can do with a motivated team.

I understand the sentiment but if the manager runs the rule over them in training and they aren't up to expectations I am happy for upgrades. Personally think our left side is weak and can be upgraded, we have too many central players and will trust our management in terms of strikers.

Its strange, I like Paulinho and have his back when people tell me hes shit, didnt think I wanted him to leave this summer but reading that I thought "bite their fucking hand off if its true".

20m would be so much more valuable to us than Paulinho. Not that anyone would pay 20m for him.

Agree. He plays in a position where we have surplus players so if he was to leave, the impact would be minimal.

I was very excited when we signed Paulinho and defended him throughout the season. However, the more I watch him, the more disappointed I am. He was supposed to be a tireless midfielder that got up and down the pitch, was a good tackler, good in the air, good at bringing the ball forward, and a good finisher when in the box. I haven't really seen any of that from him. If we can get 20 mil for him we should jump on it.

Obviously Luiz deal done but wondering now if their showing at the World Cup will lead to a stop in overhyping and over pricing of Brazilian players for a while. Either way though, no matter how bad the English do year on year their values go up and up.
It's a crazy world

:harrysmile:

I'll be happy if we sign no-one this summer providing we don't lose any key players either. There I said it, call me crazy but I want to see what all our players are really capable of before we bring in players that would potentially kill off the youth talent we have. We bring in another striker and all of a sudden Kane is nowhere near the first team. We bring in a left back and we're either giving up on Rose or Zeki and I don't think it's fair to give up on either yet. You all seem insistent on a clean slate after last season... But for a few players... Rose, Pauli and Vertonghen.

I say give the team we've got a chance, let everyone really get settled and save the money for January if there are any glaring wholes in the team. Why don't we finally do a transition season properly?! Fuck spending money and having media + fan pressure, bring some youth talent through and see what we can do with a motivated team.

This kind of idea gets shouted down as stupid but I've been thinking the same for ages. No point always looking at what the teams above have signed or whatever. We've got a capable team and until we know we can make it work, buying in shit loads more won't solve the problem. You need a fluid and effective team that you gradually improve, not another summer of "let's sell five or six players and replace them all".

Improving the overall squad quality and asking Levy to throw about 20-25mill into the cause.

Hello

McCarthy, Davies, Schneiderlin, Griezmann, Bony.

Goodbye
Naughton. Sandro, Dembele, Sigurdsson, Carroll, Mason, Falque, Obika, BAE.

Watching - perhaps for the last time (loans)
Archer, Kane, Cellabos, Pritchard, Khumalo. With Hall already loaned out.

Why are so many people looking to sell Sandro. I remember not so long ago when everyone would have agreed he should be the first name on the team sheet. He's had an injury and Sherwood for some reason didn't fancy him. Still think he's a useful player. Would rather see Capoue, Paulinho or Dembele leave.

I'd take the 20 for Paulinho purely to end the fucking thread about him in this forum!

it's just a headache, thing is like Fabregas has kind of become, his position is an odd man out really, we need a battler or a creater and despite some good goals he is neither

Interesting does it say how much, I would have loaned him just to give him one last chance to see if he can put in some good consistent performances when playing every week but to ease the midfield mess we have I would take it

Apparently it's £8m as the agreed fee, snap their arm off springs to mind, personal terms are still on-going.

£8m seems too high to me.

Apparently it's £8m as the agreed fee, snap their arm off springs to mind, personal terms are still on-going.

A relegated Fulham just paid 11m for Ross McCormack don't worry people in charge of money and decisions at 90% of football clubs still don't have a clue what they are doing! 8m is about right as he can offer them something if played in right place, no idea where though at moment!!!

I'd take the 20 for Paulinho purely to end the fucking thread about him in this forum!

it's just a headache, thing is like Fabregas has kind of become, his position is an odd man out really, we need a battler or a creater and despite some good goals he is neither

The thread would continue, just in General Football.

You know when someone leaves THFC, they never leave TFC....

Seems a little cheap for a young HG midfielder who was quite prolific under Rodgers.

Only really seem him under AVB & Sherwood, neither of which set the team up to his best. I mean, TS had him as a left midfielder half the time ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom