Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Aguero essentially injured half the season? And what about Chelsea with their shit strikers finishing top 4.

Don't base anything on Chelsea's football, their whole ethos and club in general are an abomination to the game.

As for Shitty, they had a certain Yaya Toure to drag them to the title. If he goes I don't know of anyone they could buy regardless of wealth who could step in and be as good as him last season (granted he is a prick) but he'll of a player.

It's still early doors, Man U will still do business, Liverpool more also and like has been mentioned before, we are probably looking for players overlooked by those clubs or players with potential rather than established. There is also a chance we stumble across another Ade type deal where we get a player and wages partly covered by some of the greedy sheiks.

In fairness to Sherwood although tactically inept I think at times when the team was given more freedom there are goals in them from all over. One of the major tasks for Poch is analysing what our players actually contribute to the game. . . . Before I blurt anymore I think players like Lennon, Townsend and Rose will not be first team players or moved on.

I do worry about our lack of fire power, look at Woolwich great team but average forwards last season cost them making a challenge, it's the Suarez's, Sturridges, Aguero's that can get you an extra 10-15 points a season that can make all the difference. Ade is hit and miss and I am not sure about Soldado, I really like young Kane but he is maybe a few years of providing the real fire power we need. Remy is going for a resonable price and Bony I would take even at £25 million he is great. A forward line with them in it would make every team think about us and with Eriksen providing the supply I believe we could be really good.
Yeh but man city had dzeko and negrado and Chelsea would probably have won the league if they had a pair of great forwards.
I sort of want to punch you right now.

Reports are saying that Swansea want Naughton in the deal for Davies.
If so, let's do that in a jiffy!

Also, I see some reports say we are trying to get Rodwell, but it's probably just lazy journalism.
And even if it's true, I'll pass on that. I really liked him as a player when he was at Everton; he showed excellent potential. But he showed his colors (along with Sinclair) when they moved to Citeh.

Also, I see some reports say we are trying to get Rodwell, but it's probably just lazy journalism.
And even if it's true, I'll pass on that. I really liked him as a player when he was at Everton; he showed excellent potential. But he showed his colors (along with Sinclair) when they moved to Citeh.

Want naughton!

:adelol:

I'll be happy if we sign no-one this summer providing we don't lose any key players either. There I said it, call me crazy but I want to see what all our players are really capable of before we bring in players that would potentially kill off the youth talent we have. We bring in another striker and all of a sudden Kane is nowhere near the first team. We bring in a left back and we're either giving up on Rose or Zeki and I don't think it's fair to give up on either yet. You all seem insistent on a clean slate after last season... But for a few players... Rose, Pauli and Vertonghen.

I say give the team we've got a chance, let everyone really get settled and save the money for January if there are any glaring wholes in the team. Why don't we finally do a transition season properly?! Fuck spending money and having media + fan pressure, bring some youth talent through and see what we can do with a motivated team.

Definitely hope Soldado picks it up this year. Even with the problems he had with the system or whatever we think he had problems with...I don't see how that makes a difference with shots like this:

29soldado-tottenham-haciendo-una-de-torres.gif

I'll be happy if we sign no-one this summer providing we don't lose any key players either. There I said it, call me crazy but I want to see what all our players are really capable of before we bring in players that would potentially kill off the youth talent we have. We bring in another striker and all of a sudden Kane is nowhere near the first team. We bring in a left back and we're either giving up on Rose or Zeki and I don't think it's fair to give up on either yet. You all seem insistent on a clean slate after last season... But for a few players... Rose, Pauli and Vertonghen.

I say give the team we've got a chance, let everyone really get settled and save the money for January if there are any glaring wholes in the team. Why don't we finally do a transition season properly?! Fuck spending money and having media + fan pressure, bring some youth talent through and see what we can do with a motivated team.

If you truly want a transitional season than why wouldn't you want our new manager to bring in players that he believes fit his vision and style? As opposed to having him just keep players that he had no role in bringing in.

We will be right; Poch is an inclusive manager, not like the divisive ones we have previously had.! If anyone can fire up Soldado it will be him.

Isn't Rodwell fucked physically anyway? Too many splinters in his arse from sitting on the bench or something?

Lukaku or another top striker should still be priority number 1 along with a CB. LB we need, but the quality of the LB we bring in is questionable. I think we can bring in a very good but not great LB and get away with it, where as I think we need a superior striker and CB. The fact that we are being linked with CMs firstly worries me. Sure Schneiderlin would be great to have, but not at the expense of bringing in a top CB and Striker and not at the expense of selling Sandro. If we sell Paulinho and/or Siggy/Capoue then sure I am fine with bringing in a guy like Schneiderlin. But Sandro is a superior DM and we have enough depth if we are keeping our current CMs.

I think Davies would be a great fit at LB. Hopefully we can keep Vertonghen away from Barca, but if not we seriously need to invest there because Dawson needs to go or come off the bench and no one trusts Kabouls health. That leaves us with Chriches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom