Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
A while ago we were being linked withBojan Krkic, I think I remember there being a bit of a debate on wether he'd be man enough for the prem even though he was clearly talented. However his name is being banded about with teams like stoke at the minute, if I'm honest he's gone under my radar the last season so I can't imagine he's set the world alight but would anyone take him now?

At one time Bojan was Barcelona's next child prodigy, best thing since Messi they said at first. In comparison to his huge potential and reputation he has been a huge let down. Average, pass.

Can everyone stop worrying about what the nomads are doing. Fuck them.

Mate, I seriously don't want them to sign him. I don't want them to sign the best German players - my girlfriend is German, my brother-in-law is German. They can have Kevin Kuranyi and Maik Hanke - but that's it!

Mate, I seriously don't want them to sign him. I don't want them to sign the best German players - my girlfriend is German, my brother-in-law is German. They can have Kevin Kuranyi and Maik Hanke - but that's it!

Understandable. But really, I don't think Khedira would be good for them. Would be quite pleased to see them sign him tbh.

Understandable. But really, I don't think Khedira would be good for them. Would be quite pleased to see them sign him tbh.

I think he would be well suited to the Premier League. I rate Khedira highly, and with the right kind of tactics he'd be a star!

I think he would be well suited to the Premier League. I rate Khedira highly, and with the right kind of tactics he'd be a star!

He definitely would be suited to the Prem, completely agree with you on about that. However, he would not be suited to the swift transitional play so essential to Woolwich's game. He'd also put a sizable debt in their remaining transfer funds for the summer. All for it personally.

FFS LeBron goes back to Cleveland
WAKE THE FUCK UP LEVY!
But this huy is still a free agent
melo-heat.jpg

Looks like a lazy ade to me, but what a household name to add to our scoring department. :adegrin2:

musa_yahaya_eaglets.jpg

And here's some recent ITK (from Trix) on this Nigerian Iniesta (or Messi) ...
Checked COYS on the way in and saw the Yahaya thread so thought I'd see what anyone knew about him. One of the agents seemed very surprised we had got him as he said Citeh were very much interested in him as "he is going to be the next big African player". There was also a Villa scout on board who had watched all of the the U17 world cup, where he stood out head and shoulders above everybody(which led to some joking about how old he actually was) and said they had been very interested but knew they had no chance considering the clubs looking at him. He also said IF(this word was emphasised) he settles quickly to life in England he could very well be in and around the match day squad very quickly HE IS THAT GOOD. He also said it should help that he has family living in London, which was speculated as to why he chose us over some others, it was also reiterated(by an agent) that our behind the scenes people are excellent at helping foreign players settle. They all seemed to agree it was a massive coup for us considering most of Europe's elite were looking to bring him in. Worth noting none of them had heard he had actually signed for us though.

... Oh and he's right-footed and plays mainly as a left-winger.
So with some hopeful thinking, maybe just maybe - if he's as good as some think he is - he can be a 'Sterling' type player for us and also possibly an answer for our left-wing problem.

Last edited:

musa_yahaya_eaglets.jpg

So with some hopeful thinking, maybe just maybe - if he's as good as some think he is - he can be a 'Sterling' type player for us and also possibly an answer for our left-wing problem.

He's 17 and supposedly going on loan to Celta Vigo after his brief training stint with us according to the article you linked, so I think he's probably not going to contribute for awhile. Would be a good signing for the future though.

musa_yahaya_eaglets.jpg

Supposedly we haven't signed him. It sounded a little too good to be true considering I'm pretty sure you have to be 18 or older to get an EU/UK work permit. Sounds like this kids "agent" is a crook.
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=12152#.U8FKUlGJsmc.twitter
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=12143#.U8E7saPDqyJ.twitter

musa_yahaya_eaglets.jpg

I like the part about spurs supposedly being excellent at helping foreign players settle.

:lamelashock:

The Telegraph says ...

Juventus lining up £20 million bid for Paulinho

And it's written by (the reliable) Jason Burt, who incidentally has been pretty quite about us this Summer, and I think this is the first I'm hearing from him too.

Burt mentions that sources in Italy say that Juve are pretty confident that Spurs will accept a bid for him, even though Levy will try to squeeze in a couple million more pounds; Levy wants 25 million. Burt also says that Conte is a fan of Paulo, and that he wants him to replace Vidal (who may be off to Man U).

Anyway, personally, I'm not too fussed if Paulo leaves or stays. Even though Paulo probably in all fairness deserves another chance, I think be it 20 mil or 25 mil ... it's a decent deal since we only paid 17 mil. Plus, we definitely have to sell some of our current midfielders.

We could potentially make a decent amount of money this Summer, especially if we also sell Sandro and Siggy. If it was up to me, I'd get the money and buy Schniederlin (if Poch really wants him), and then go all out to get this Greizmann fella, who we should at least give a shot with or without any Paulo money.

(Oh and I'd rather sell Paulo to Juve, than them cunts in Madrid.)

The Telegraph says ...

Anyway, personally, I'm not too fussed if Paulo leaves or stays. Even though Paulo probably in all fairness deserves another chance, I think be it 20 mil or 25 mil ... it's a decent deal since we only paid 17 mil. Plus, we definitely have to sell some of our current midfielders.

We could potentially make a decent amount of money this Summer, especially if we also sell Sandro and Siggy. If it was up to me, I'd get the money and buy Schniederlin (if Poch really wants him), and then go all out to get this Greizmann fella, who we should at least give a shot with or without any Paulo money.

(Oh and I'd rather sell Paulo to Juve, than them cunts in Madrid.)
Juventus, a non-plastic club, gonna overpay for Paulinho ? Zero shot

Its strange, I like Paulinho and have his back when people tell me hes shit, didnt think I wanted him to leave this summer but reading that I thought "bite their fucking hand off if its true".

20m would be so much more valuable to us than Paulinho. Not that anyone would pay 20m for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom