Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best thing about Schneiderlin is he can play both roles in the midfield pivot if needed. Can be an anchor like Capoue during our friendlies or a more mobile passer from deep like what we saw from Ryan Mason. Very versatile player.

Best thing about Schneiderlin is he can play both roles in the midfield pivot if needed. Can be an anchor like Capoue during our friendlies or a more mobile passer from deep like what we saw from Ryan Mason. Very versatile player.

Yeah I like Schneiderlin coming in a lot. But I do not like J Rod being our left winger solution at all. Not even remotely.

Now this is the type of speculation I've been looking for while I wait for physical therapy...now, we just need a few more internet fights in other threads...:adethumbup:I've six more weeks of this, keep it up lads

Yeah I like Schneiderlin coming in a lot. But I do not like J Rod being our left winger solution at all. Not even remotely.

I fucking love Schneiderlin. He might not be the biggest position of need but I think he'll be the best player we buy this window. He really was such a huge part of Southampton's success, does everything.

I still don't understand why you're so against Rodriguez. But then again I don't think Konoplyanka is much of a player at all. So you know, different strokes.

I fucking love Schneiderlin. He might not be the biggest position of need but I think he'll be the best player we buy this window. He really was such a huge part of Southampton's success, does everything.

I still don't understand why you're so against Rodriguez. But then again I don't think Konoplyanka is much of a player at all. So you know, different strokes.

I've followed Konoplyanka rather borderline stalkerish since the Euros in 2012, and I can assure you he is no flavor of the month foreign wannabe. He's a damn fine winger. Good at football too.

I'm massively against bringing in a player who can't even train until October, off the back of an injury with a very poor track record of full recovery, who heavily relies on his pace, and is not the type of winger to take on the compact defenses we see at Spurs. He's the type to get in behind in the space, like his training as a striker, and receive the creativity rather than dictate it. He does this with his pace and clever runs, and he won't have the former for awhile, if ever, because of that injury. Why we are getting him over a healthy option is just beyond me.

I'll be a bit annoyed if this means no Konoplyanka or a CB, but tbf, what the fuck do I know? I'm currently trying to rotate about 20 CAM's on FIFA, I would be an awful chairman.

I'll be a bit annoyed if this means no Konoplyanka or a CB, but tbf, what the fuck do I know? I'm currently trying to rotate about 20 CAM's on FIFA, I would be an awful chairman.

I highly doubt it'll mean no CB acquisition. No chance Poch can be content with what he has at the position.

Hasn't Townsend been mentioned as a potential swap candidate with Southampton?
I'm not sure how I feel about that.
Jay Rod is atm the better player, but losing Townsend feels a bit like a gamble to me, let alone purchasing Jay Rod too. If we do go that route, hopefully we have a buy-back clause for Townsend, or something.

JDK JDK ... You seem pretty content with Jay Rod. So what do you think about such a swap deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom