Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
We get who we get. Not because we were too tight, but because it's out of our price range/wage structure.
The are all other reasons unconnected to us.
So, when you factor in our budget and how much we can pay a player then the list is not that big.
Everyone says we need a striker and a DM and we have what, £13m in the kitty.
So, spend £25m of Berahino and we are £13min the red and still have to buy another player.
For the 1st time since 2007, and this time of all times, we are going to spend over £20m net in the transfer market? - considering the DM cost £7m
I cannot see it.
Anyway, who knows Berahino may be holding out for another club. Who says he wants to come to us. Has anyone spoken to him?

I like Austin as a player but he isn't going into our first 11 where Berahino would imo. We're not going to play 442, doesn't conform to Poch's style of dominating possession and pressing in the midfield when we have one less player there. I'd take Austin as a third striker though, but I doubt he'd want to come here knowing that he's on the bench behind Harry Kane, whereas Berahino could comfortably play on the left or right wing as well as covering up top.

I like Austin as a player but he isn't going into our first 11 where Berahino would imo. We're not going to play 442, doesn't conform to Poch's style of dominating possession and pressing in the midfield when we have one less player there. I'd take Austin as a third striker though, but I doubt he'd want to come here knowing that he's on the bench behind Harry Kane, whereas Berahino could comfortably play on the left or right wing as well as covering up top.

---------- Austin
Berahino - Kane - Eriksen

Why wouldn't that work?

Amazes me that Levy wouldn't pay the fee for Benteke and yet he's bid £22m for a guy who has 0 international caps.
Nothing to do with it. We were interested in him,he put in a transfer request. He then withdrew it and signed a new deal last year at Villa. He didn't want to come obviously. That's if there actually was an interest form us. He wanted Liverpool or better imho and he knew Suarez was off soon. That was probably discussed. They put in a clause of £32m. He knew he would be going as soon as someone met it. £32m is out of our range mate.
Of course we could have sold someone like Kane, Lloris etc. The reported £25m + for him was well out of our range anyway considering we laid out £27m on 7 players.
Also, they are paying him a reported £120k a week at Liverpool. Well out of our range.

Depends on what you believe though. Lambert actually said there was a bid and he was not aware of it, he was on Holiday. When he found out there was a bid and he had put in a transfer request he said he persuaded him to withdraw it and sign a new deal.
I cannot remember anything about Benteke saying, 'Spurs made me put in a transfer request and then did not put in a bid"

In 6 days, Levy will finally realise our priority target is not for sale. What will be the excuse then?
WBA have been telling the world for 2wks now, and the first statement said basically "he's not for sale as we told Levy last time..."

Maybe some chairmen mean it, and dont just say it. Just a thought.

Of course we can't force them. However, they have gone out and bought 2 strikers this summer to add to their 3 others (Brown, Anichibe and Berahino), they have left him out of a squad when he said himself he was happy to play and they a releasing statements constantly.

They are ready to sell, they're just pushing their luck with how much they can get.

In

Salomon Rondon - Zenit St Petersburg, £12m

James McClean – Wigan, £1.5m

James Chester - Hull, £8m

Rickie Lambert - Liverpool, Undisclosed

Serge Gnabry - Woolwich, Loan

Out

Graham Dorrans – Norwich, Undisclosed

Youssuf Mulumbu – Norwich, Free

Chris Baird – Derby County, Free

Alex Jones – Birmingham City, Free

Kemar Roofe – Oxford United, Undisclosed

Jason Davidson – Huddersfield, Free

Bradley Garmston – Gillingham, Free

Donervon Daniels – Wigan, Free

Wesley Atkinson – Notts County, Free

Liam O'Neill - Chesterfield, Loan

They must be hoping to get some money back somewhere.

I'm not saying they won't or don't want to sell Beharino but, your assumption is based on the Spurs (ENIC/Levy) mentality. We are bottom of a five year net spend table with a positive transfer fee balance over that period, others aren't. With the increase in prize and TV money, it is perfectly feasible that West Brom just want to invest for improvement to ensure they can consolidate their position in the league or more.

We're the only club left thinking we have to sell to buy by the penny and, rather than 'gamble' reasonable fees on Shaqiri, Cabaye, Payet etc that we might as well just promote (effectively)free youngsters as it's a far cheaper risk. Under the pretence of it all being a master plan that nobody else has cottoned on to trying of course.

Nothing to do with it. We were interested in him,he put in a transfer request. He then withdrew it and signed a new deal last year at Villa. He didn't want to come obviously. That's if there actually was an interest form us. He wanted Liverpool or better imho and he knew Suarez was off soon. That was probably discussed. They put in a clause of £32m. He knew he would be going as soon as someone met it. £32m is out of our range mate.
Of course we could have sold someone like Kane, Lloris etc. The reported £25m + for him was well out of our range anyway considering we laid out £27m on 7 players.
Also, they are paying him a reported £120k a week at Liverpool. Well out of our range.

Depends on what you believe though. Lambert actually said there was a bid and he was not aware of it, he was on Holiday. When he found out there was a bid and he had put in a transfer request he said he persuaded him to withdraw it and sign a new deal.
I cannot remember anything about Benteke saying, 'Spurs made me put in a transfer request and then did not put in a bid"

Its just never our fault is it

To be honest, I couldn't care if we spent £25mil on Berahino.

It is about time we spent some cash. Lets be ripped off, so long as we get our target.

The cash spent doesn't effect me. It is not like we will reduce ticket prices if we get a cheaper alternative.
The ticket prices , membership goes towards the wage bill mate.
Otherwise how else can we pay £30m more than Everton, Newcastle and Sunderland all who get higher average attendances than us and Spam who get an average attendance of £1k less than us?

WBA can say what they like about Berahino not being for sale etc but if their gaffer is leaving him out of the matchday squad it looks to be going only one way. I think chairman like to be seen making an example of Levy and maybe Spurs because of his reputation. You can bet if it was Liverpool or United Pulis and the club would be wishing him well and saying it's a chance they can't deny him. The longer we wait, the longer he's an option for other 'desperate' clubs.

Oh, and it's very playground to compare the fee for Pedro and Berahino. On one hand you have a player whose in his late 20's who has given his life to a club that are wanting to do best by the player, the ammount Barca make in sponsorship makes an extra few million from Chelsea fairly irrelivant. Not to mention Pedro will be on treble the ammount of what Berahino would be on. Wheras every extra cash WBA counts and whose to say when he's 28 he won't be as good as Pedro himself.

When is everyone going to wake up and smell the fucking coffee? Levy has been pulling the wool over your eyes for years now and still time after time of us failing to get our targets and pulling off the same stunts window after window there are still blinded fools who can't see anything wrong in Levys transfer policy. We are now less than a week away from the window closing and we have 1 fucking striker. Like I said on the thread above.... We are no where closer to the berahino deal than we were 3 weeks ago. What an utterly ludicrous position our cluster fuck of a chairman has put us in ...once again!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom