Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a no brainer mate. Charlie has come up the hard way, no fancy academies ... Kintbury Rangers to the Premier League. He knows if we sign him that is his big break, he will work like a dog to make sure he takes his chance.

You know who he reminds me of a bit? Steve Archibald ... it doesn't have to be pretty, but it's going in the net.
Also, he's a pretty decent professional. After tasting the prem, and England squad, then getting relegated to the championship, he could have gone on strike/started sulking/handed in transfer requests. He's just got on with it and carried on scoring goals.
May not be our 1st choice, but we could do a lot worse for £10-15mill. Reckon most of the top 6 could use him in their squad actually.

I'm not saying they won't or don't want to sell Beharino but, your assumption is based on the Spurs (ENIC/Levy) mentality. We are bottom of a five year net spend table with a positive transfer fee balance over that period, others aren't. With the increase in prize and TV money, it is perfectly feasible that West Brom just want to invest for improvement to ensure they can consolidate their position in the league or more.

We're the only club left thinking we have to sell to buy by the penny and, rather than 'gamble' reasonable fees on Shaqiri, Cabaye, Payet etc that we might as well just promote (effectively)free youngsters as it's a far cheaper risk. Under the pretence of it all being a master plan that nobody else has cottoned on to trying of course.
Sorry. Er Newcastle have done it, Even Woolwich did it when they needed to.
Some should get a grip we are a big club historically, and we now have facilities for our players as good as anyone anywhere.
However, we have the 9th biggest turnout each week in the PL down to seating.
Newcastle have the 3rd and just have a look at their spending over the last 10 years compared to ours. We have spent around £75m net and they around £10m net.
Imagine if the put their cheapest ticket up a £10 and their most expensive up £40 on a par with us.

This year they have spent big, so far - yet I can see maybe a few outs there before the window closes)
For us, what with what is going on, I doubt we will.

You seem to forget all that's been going on the last 5 years mate. It doesn't cot nothing to pay legal and professional bills and buy land etc. Only one club can do that without cutting back.
We have also opened a new training ground.
Yet, we have been consistently better in the league than those who have spent more than us ( excluding top 4)

Also, he's a pretty decent professional. After tasting the prem, and England squad, then getting relegated to the championship, he could have gone on strike/started sulking/handed in transfer requests. He's just got on with it and carried on scoring goals.
May not be our 1st choice, but we could do a lot worse for £10-15mill. Reckon most of the top 6 could use him in their squad actually.

This is exactly why we should buy him. He would take this chance and grab it with both hands. Anyone who thinks he wouldn't improve our squad really needs to look at his stats.

We should of signed him weeks ago.

So we've gone from Levy being a cunt for selling Kane and Lloris this transfer window to Levy being a cunt for not buying Berahino for a world record transfer fee for an uncapped player.

wqOfDh-e_normal.png
Spurs Stat Man @SpursStatMan

Of all forwards to feature in 10+ PL games last season, 16 players had a better strike rate than Berahino (0.43 goals per 90 minutes).

4:05 PM - 25 Aug 2015

So we've gone from Levy being a cunt for selling Kane and Lloris this transfer window to Levy being a cunt for not buying Berahino for a world record transfer fee for an uncapped player.

No Levys a cunt for leaving us with 1 striker with less than a week to go until the end of the window, If you are happy with this situation then god help you

I have no idea if we bid or what we bid...I do know that 4 games into the season, we have not signed a DM or a second striker though. Hope Njie is good.
Where are we getting the extra £20m, conservatively, it's going to take if we buy Berahino and a DM?
Levy's a tight cunt, he's not going to spend, right? So who do you want to sell?
Fazio has to go at least if we are going to go £12m into the red.

Maybe you just can't get all the players you want in and sell all the players you don't want out in the time allotted.
Selling is more imperative for us as you have to get them off the wage bill. Especially in these times.
We still have 3 players we are paying who are not going to feature atm.
We can ill afford to have any more.
Lennon must be on 60k, Ade £100k and Fazio at least £25k.

Maybe the transfer window should start in May and end in Aug. Why it is allowed to continue when the season has started is mad.
Why it has not opened earlier this year as the league kicked of a week earlier is also mad.

No. Levy`s a cunt because were approaching our 4th game of the season with just one recognised striker. We are being forced to experiment with players out of position because of his inability to strengthen key positions. We have been unable to bag 3 points against either Stoke ot Leicester. We are only just above the relegation zone. The whole of the media are looking on us as a laughing stock. We`re acting like small club in a big league. we look like a bunch of fucking ameteurs.
Thats why Levy`s a cunt.

No Levys a cunt for leaving us with 1 striker with less than a week to go until the end of the window, If you are happy with this situation then god help you

Shit yes, there go our realistic chances of a top 4 finish. I guess it's too late now, so I might as well just wait until the window closes before lynching him.

Shit yes, there go our realistic chances of a top 4 finish. I guess it's too late now, so I might as well just wait until the window closes before lynching him.
Don't you think that the problems he is trying to address now ,weren't there weeks ago?
He hasn't exactly shined so far.From a purely mathetical reason(less games to play now) its not good

Of course there's a reason, probably some unjustified one. But it seems ridiculous that we are bidding £20m+ for a striker who got 13 goals last season when there is another for £10m less who scored more.
Who we feel isn't worth a bid of any kind. It's easy to claim it's unjustified if you don't know the reason.

We have a list of striker targets. We have worked our way down that list over the summer, and are at the point where we seem to have found one we like, and who seems to like us. We're evidently bidding for him. WBA don't want him to go, and are being total dicks about it. Such is life.

Charlie Austin is far enough down our list that we aren't bidding for him. I think there's probably a valid reason for it, and I trust in that logic, since the people on the list Mitchell and Pochettino have brought in seem to be good decisions. It's not deadline day tomorrow and I'm not melting when this is the nature of the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom