Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't think he'd give up this easy in his 3rd season, especially since he finished off his 2nd strongly. But if he wants to go, sell him. We'll need to bring in more than just Berahino though if that happens (if we can even get that done as WBA are playing hard to get).

Last edited:
A Lamela sale right now makes little or no sense. Given how much the lad actually did last year, we'd have to find a very good RW/attacking midfielder in about 3 days. That's possible, but really difficult. This would seem much more like a January kind of move to me.

Now, if we somehow got Kevin Volland in here by Thursday all bets are off.

Lads... I have a confession... I'd rather have Austin at £15m than Berahino for anything over £18m.

I just like how Austin kept our entire back four busy by himself, and how he'd be perfect to throw in when we're chasing a goal late. Toby could just aim his long balls in his direction and it'd be dangerous... :pochbye:

giphy.gif

How hard could it be?!

Didn't think he'd give up this easy in his 3rd season, especially since he finished off his 2nd strong. But if he wants to go, sell him. We'll need to bring in more than just Berahino though if that happens (if we can even get that done as WBA are playing hard to get).

It stinks of him having his head turned in the summer maybe while away on international duty, he hasnt come back the same player who was showing a smiiiiiiidge of promise at the end of last season

If you were Austin would you come here knowing you are second choice, go to United/a Citeh knowing your third choice or go to Newcastle/Crystal Palace knowing you are first choice. More money and guaranteed trophies in Manchester, more goals and playing time mid table (not us) and we're a bit purgatory again aren't we. The 15 million isn't going to be a problem for most premier league clubs knowing he's proven to score in this division, I'm guessing he's waiting until the deadline to assess his best option, massive move for him where ever he goes.

It's surprising to me to see that Lamela appears to be on his way out one year after Poch arrives. I always kind of figured Poch was hired, in part, because he was likely to get the most out of his fellow Argentine. I would have guessed that (perhaps unfairly) Poch's and Lamela's fortunes at Spurs would be somewhat tied. I hope this will finally put to bed the unfair slander that Pochettino favors players based on their nationality.

Christ, we've had some serious turnover in the squad since Poch's arrival.

and what's the point of keeping him right now? he will only be less valuable next year
He was the second best creative player on the team after Eriksen last year. He was the best RW defensively in the league. If you sell him, you need to essentially replace Jesus Navas, and a DM at the same time.

Lamela didn't score enough, or even shoot enough. He was very good though at creating chances for others, and was excellent defensively, despite what people claim about their eye tests.

That's what we'd need to replace. If Spurs think they can, they'd do a deal probably. If they don't, they won't.

Lamela can't win here anyway. If he does well - that's just what we expected. If he does okay - we want more and if he's bad - we'll chase him out. If he can't handle that pressure - leave. The progress he did show last year seems to have been eradicated over the summer and now might be our last chance to recoup some of his fee.

It will also be refreshing to be rid of the Lamela-debate for sure. Maybe I can finally become sammyspurs sammyspurs 's friend then :adegrin2:

A Lamela sale right now makes little or no sense. Given how much the lad actually did last year, we'd have to find a very good RW/attacking midfielder in about 3 days. That's possible, but really difficult. This would seem much more like a January kind of move to me.

Mate, he didn't do very much last year. He wasn't the worst at all times, but it's not even correct to say that he hasn't lived up to his price tag. He hasn't even lived up to half of his price tag.

I've supported him for a long time, but I think now is the right time, assuming we can bring in adequate reinforcements.

Mate, he didn't do very much last year. He wasn't the worst at all times, but it's not even correct to say that he hasn't lived up to his price tag. He hasn't even lived up to half of his price tag.

I've supported him for a long time, but I think now is the right time, assuming we can bring in adequate reinforcements.
I agree with this pretty much, I suppose. I just don't have a huge amount of faith in our ability to bring in adequate reinforcements. We've known we've needed at least one new striker since before the January window and we still haven't brought anyone in. Are we going to be able to identify and acquire an attacking midfielder in a week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom