Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea why all of you want Lamela to fuck off too.

This means we only have Chadli and Eriksen left in the last two windows who isn't a fucking prospect.

All this youth loving is fine and all but we need some experience. Look at Bentaleb, they will all fuck up and who do they have to turn to?

This team is shit. Townsend over Lamela? Seen the assists count? Christ.

I'm at a loss trying to understand the people who are seemingly worried about Lamela leaving. He's been abject his entire Spurs career save for 2 seconds against some European taxi drivers. I'll drive him to Inter, actually scrap that, I'll give him a piggyback there.

People are tight about Berahino. He publicly said he wanted to move to a bigger club in January, and is now demanding a move. Who's to say he wouldn't do the same to us if he had a couple of good years?

With Austin, he knows this is a massive step up having come from non league (I actually played against him, so kind of hope we do sign him)
He'd definitely do all he could to repay the chance he is given.

If we pay 30 million, and he scores less than 10 goals, will you decry Levy for buying a flop? Or will attack Berahino for costing 30 million?
Its not really his, yours or my job to identify successful targets though is it. The fact is, we have only one available striker, our squad is week, we`re 3 games into the season, and we havent won a game. Someone is responsible for this shambles. I hold Levy responsible. We haven`t spent a single penny (net) with less than a week to go. As a fan, I feel badly let down to be honest.

This means we only have Chadli and Eriksen left in the last two windows who isn't a fucking prospect.

All this youth loving is fine and all but we need some experience. Look at Bentaleb, they will all fuck up and who do they have to turn to?

Townsend is the same player as Lamela seriously there isn't hardly anything between them. We get a fee for one then fine so be it.

tumblr_inline_mvb0dc7FxY1rv8c3d_zpsb0cad050.gif
That is what he did last year. He created more chances for us than anyone other than Eriksen. And more than any other RW in the league except Jesus Navas. He was better than every other RW in the league defensively, going by interceptions and tackles.

He may look like Bambi on ice, but he actually got shit done too. He isn't doing that yet this year, but after 3 games (and 2 appearances) out of about 60, writing someone off is a mite early.

Again.

Because some people would prefer to see what Pritcard and Njie can offer

townsend out as well honestly :memeokay:

To think we could of signed Cabaye, Shaqiri and Austin for £35m who would all be improvements on our current squad.

Instead we are potentially spending £30m on Berahino, who still has a lot to prove.

I like Austin better as well but Poch will never play a 4-4-2 so there is no chance.

Berahino is good because he can play wide but he is very easily distracted(or maybe big-headed). After his first England cap last season, he thought he was suddenly good enough to play for a champions league club and his form went down after that.

Pretty sure that same thoughts will come back again if he has a few good months with us. :rolleyes:
Poch ssid recently that they've been working on playing a different formation (442) to give another option.

I have no idea if we bid or what we bid...I do know that 4 games into the season, we have not signed a DM or a second striker though. Hope Njie is good.
And Man Utd are 4 games into the season and they still haven't signed a striker.

It's not just us that still have business to do despite what this forum implies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom