Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, he didn't do very much last year. He wasn't the worst at all times, but it's not even correct to say that he hasn't lived up to his price tag. He hasn't even lived up to half of his price tag.

I've supported him for a long time, but I think now is the right time, assuming we can bring in adequate reinforcements.
How does a player live up to a price tag though, and is it their fault if the club overpaid? I think we did in Lamela's case, and I don't see why he's to blame for that.

I also think it's silly to say he didn't do much last year. If he didn't do much last year, but got the most assists on the team, and created on par with Navas then which RW in England did much of anything?

End of last season he looked good but has returned a shell of himself, he was a shell of himself for most of last season up till the end. Maybe it's the Prem, maybe it's England but by the sounds of this his heart ain't in it.

He is talented but so is Pritchard and I bet Pritchard will run through walls to get in the team. Also we have Townsend, Clinton, Onomah, and potentially Berahino who is very versatile pushing for that place, it's not as barren an area for us striker or DM.

Lamela is young, has a good record in Italy, didn't fail to the same degree Soldado or Paulinho did. We should be looking at £15-20 million for him, although Italian club are cheaper than us so you never know.

It's Pochettino's team, and he gets to pick. So live with it.

Yeah well its Pochettino's team and thats why we are talking to Inter. I fully back any decision to sell.

Good on Poch, finally seeing the light. A bit of faith has been restored for me over this. Nice to see eye to eye with the manager for once.

Im looking forward to seeing more Pritchard and Njie than Lamela, personally.
You can pine for the lady boy and be cross with Pochy.

I agree with this pretty much, I suppose. I just don't have a huge amount of faith in our ability to bring in adequate reinforcements. We've known we've needed at least one new striker since before the January window and we still haven't brought anyone in. Are we going to be able to identify and acquire an attacking midfielder in a week?
It's easy to identify players. It's hard to actually negotiate transfers. It's not like we're the only ones struggling to bring people in.

Mate, he didn't do very much last year. He wasn't the worst at all times, but it's not even correct to say that he hasn't lived up to his price tag. He hasn't even lived up to half of his price tag.

I've supported him for a long time, but I think now is the right time, assuming we can bring in adequate reinforcements.

If anything last season he was coached to death by Poch, didnt look half bad defensively, has come back from a summer holiday and forgotten it all again, I bet Poch has had enough of him

Lads... I have a confession... I'd rather have Austin at £15m than Berahino for anything over £18m.

I just like how Austin kept our entire back four busy by himself, and how he'd be perfect to throw in when we're chasing a goal late. Toby could just aim his long balls in his direction and it'd be dangerous... :pochbye:

I like Austin better as well but Poch will never play a 4-4-2 so there is no chance.

Berahino is good because he can play wide but he is very easily distracted(or maybe big-headed). After his first England cap last season, he thought he was suddenly good enough to play for a champions league club and his form went down after that.

Pretty sure that same thoughts will come back again if he has a few good months with us. :rolleyes:

Yeah well its Pochettino's team and thats why we are talking to Inter. I fully back any decision to sell.

Good on Poch, finally seeing the light. A bit of faith has been restored for me over this. Nice to see eye to eye with the manager for once.

Im looking forward to seeing more Pritchard and Njie than Lamela, personally.
You can pine for the lady boy and be cross with Pochy.
I won't be cross, but according to reports, it's Coco that wants out, not us that wants to sell. Either way, you can keep melting to your heart's content Sammy, it's the only thing you do.

Daniel..... Daniel..... There's a week left, time to wake up

suHC2.gif

He was the second best creative player on the team after Eriksen last year. He was the best RW defensively in the league. If you sell him, you need to essentially replace Jesus Navas, and a DM at the same time.

Lamela didn't score enough, or even shoot enough. He was very good though at creating chances for others, and was excellent defensively, despite what people claim about their eye tests.

tumblr_inline_mvb0dc7FxY1rv8c3d_zpsb0cad050.gif

Did he shine when he addressed the defensive issues early on or were you just quickly onto the remaining issues he hasn't so far?
Well only Toby A. seems to be a ready made improvement. Wimmier and Tripper are either squad fillers or future prospects at best

Last edited:
I won't be cross, but according to reports, it's Coco that wants out, not us that wants to sell. Either way, you can keep melting to your heart's content Sammy, it's the only thing you do.

Yeah well Poch seems to have more brains than to try and talk him out of it.

And what a shock, his daddy says its him that wants out.

And Im not melting over Lamela talking to Inter. Im fully backing the club....might want to rethink that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom