Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ofc Levy is a businesman. But do you guys think that he would earn money if we would finish 10th? I hardly think so. Sure, he wants to deal with business late, but as a businessman he WILL try to get good targets before the nd. He doesn't earn anything if we drop outside 5th~.

And Man Utd are 4 games into the season and they still haven't signed a striker.

It's not just us that still have business to do despite what this forum implies.

Oh dear. They have, however won two games and still have more strikers than us anyway..

They may stick with Hernandez in the worst case. You know the guy we are also too good for

Well clearly not Einstein as brom have publically announced every bid we have made and the 1st bid was last week so NO we didn't bid 4 weeks ago:
This it what annoys me about the extreme moaners on here. If you were capable of acknowledging that you don't know exactly everything that has gone on behind closed doors it'd be a lot harder to disagree with you.

Oh dear. They have, however won two games and still have more strikers than us anyway..

They may stick with Hernandez in the worst case. You know the guy we are also too good for

Mate. Read their posts at redcafe, they are worse than this forum. They think that the Anti-christ will come from CERN this september and let Man C rule.

Its not really his, yours or my job to identify successful targets though is it. The fact is, we have only one available striker, our squad is week, we`re 3 games into the season, and we havent won a game. Someone is responsible for this shambles. I hold Levy responsible. We haven`t spent a single penny (net) with less than a week to go. As a fan, I feel badly let down to be honest.
That's your narrative for things, which is built on top of another one that claimed there was no intention to build a stadium.

We have a list of striker targets. We have worked our way down that list as preferred options became unavailable. We have been trying all summer, and as Levy pointed out most business was going to happen now, because that's when other clubs are willing to deal.

Is it the club's fault that other clubs don't want to sell the players we want? Or should we just buy whoever is available quickly, regardless of what Pochettino wants?

Fans like to have to both ways. You demand instant gratification of big signings, title-winning football and no intrusion of reality.

This isn't East Enders, it's real money, various people's livelihoods and an actual sport.

Transfer negotiations take the time they take. It's not something the club controls. As for the results, as I said elsewhere, I think we've actually been victims of misfortune and should have come away with Between 6 and 9 points. Shit happens though and it's not a disaster, nor something anyone can be held accountable for. It's football.

What we as fans can be held accountable for is a hypocritical demand for the club to pay any price, and then attacking them for doing so if things don't work out. It only reveals the complainer to be a wilfully ignorant child. If you feel that role is perfect for you, then by all means continue your narrative.

CNRVgB7WEAA2ayo.jpg
Five or six of those were to be automatic starters too. Hard to believe how badly this has ended after feeling so optimistic with all their signings.

Mate. Read their posts at redcafe, they are worse than this forum. They think that the Anti-christ will come from CERN this september and let Man C rule.
I was listening to 5 live a few days ago and they were phoning in complaining that they don't buy marquee signings anymore. This is despite them having spent god knows how much over the last few windows. Utterly ridiculous.

So you think utd aren't desperate for a striker? Ok if that helps strengthen your levy argument then believe what you want.

If we sign Berahino then I'd actually be surprised if we didn't play him up top. Why would be spend £25 on someone to then play him out of position on the right. He may have played there for WBA but he's a striker. 4-4-2 may be a bit old hat but City won the league with it not too long ago.

Wouldn't have any problem selling Lamela but it would leave us light on the right. I'm hoping that Pritchard and N'Jie will get a good amount of games but both them have played much more LW than RW.

Ultimately the writing was somewhat on the wall for Lamela when Dembele started over him to begin the season. Also, Lamela's chances created numbers are vastly inflated by him taking corners. He had 5 chances created this weekend but three came from corners. I have a hard time rationalizing hitting a decent dead ball as a chance created.

So bored of everyone cunting Sammy off for no reason now. He is talking sense. We have made grave errors this window, and have regressed horrendously even just in the period from January last season.

Wouldn't have any problem selling Lamela but it would leave us light on the right. I'm hoping that Pritchard and N'Jie will get a good amount of games but both them have played much more LW than RW.

Ultimately the writing was somewhat on the wall for Lamela when Dembele started over him to begin the season. Also, Lamela's chances created numbers are vastly inflated by him taking corners. He had 5 chances created this weekend but three came from corners. I have a hard time rationalizing hitting a decent dead ball as a chance created.
Agreed stats are a joke sometimes I know I have watched Lamela be pony for 95% of his appearances for us I don't what the stats say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom