Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you think that the problems he is trying to address now ,weren't there weeks ago?
He hasn't exactly shined so far.From a purely mathetical reason(less games to play now) its not good

Did he shine when he addressed the defensive issues early on or were you just quickly onto the remaining issues he hasn't so far?

Shit yes, there go our realistic chances of a top 4 finish. I guess it's too late now, so I might as well just wait until the window closes before lynching him.
Our purchasing behavior in the transfer market clearly showed our front office was never aiming for a top 4 finish this season.

Did he shine when he addressed the defensive issues early on or were you just quickly onto the remaining issues he hasn't so far?
It was obvious last season we needed another striker.The other two we had,one wasn't working and the other wasn't in the reckoning.I am not claiming to be a genius,but even I saw what was needed.

Where are we getting the extra £20m, conservatively, it's going to take if we buy Berahino and a DM?
Levy's a tight cunt, he's not going to spend, right? So who do you want to sell?
Fazio has to go at least if we are going to go £12m into the red.

Maybe you just can't get all the players you want in and sell all the players you don't want out in the time allotted.
Selling is more imperative for us as you have to get them off the wage bill. Especially in these times.
We still have 3 players we are paying who are not going to feature atm.
We can ill afford to have any more.
Lennon must be on 60k, Ade £100k and Fazio at least £25k.

Maybe the transfer window should start in May and end in Aug. Why it is allowed to continue when the season has started is mad.
Why it has not opened earlier this year as the league kicked of a week earlier is also mad.

Maybe we could have got both Illaremendi and Austin for 25M if we werent such fucking idiots.
Who knows

Our purchasing behavior in the transfer market clearly showed our front office was never aiming for a top 4 finish this season.

I agree. I genuinely believe we've accepted defeat in our quest for top 4, opted to stick to europa league spots and cup runs until stadium is built in order to compete financially by paying it off sooner. Short term vs long term. I don't like it but I can understand the viewpoint and can see why it pisses a lot of people off.

What nonsense is this?

If someone does something good, they get credit.
if they do something remarkably fucking stupid, again, and again and again, they dont get a pass because of the one time they did something good.

It was obvious last season we needed another striker.The other two we had,one wasn't working and the other wasn't in the reckoning.I am not claiming to be a genius,but even I saw what was needed.

Interestingly there hasn't been a lot of striker movement this season between the top teams. Maybe there just isn't much availability, if we bid for some unrealistic targets like Benzema or Zlatan maybe that would appease some who want to see us trying but make others think we're twats for doing so. Quite frankly Berahino doesn't exactly thrill me, I don't even see him playing up front for us from the start of a game.

What nonsense is this?

If someone does something good, they get credit.
if they do something remarkably fucking stupid, again, and again and again, they dont get a pass because of the one time they did something good.

Some people skip the credit part altogether and just go straight to slating the fucking stupid part.

Still think Ings made a mistake going to Liverpool. He'll be 3rd maybe even 4th choice there where he'd be probably starting for us. Where we actually ever in for him? I just couldn't imagine us going in for him over Austin.

I'm all for erik Lamela going but levy has got no fucking excuse for not getting in berahino. Westbrom clearly will sell if we cough up the 30 mil. We have made countless amounts of money in this window including possibly Lamela so we have the money. Just pay the fucking money levy!!! He's what we need and we are now desperate

I don't see Levy taking any more than a £10m hit on Lamela. He's an experiment which hasn't worked. It's his 3rd season and if we end up getting £20m for him then so be it. Townsend and N'Jie (potentially) could be players who maybe slightly headless but in this league if you have pace it will end up creating goals and assists somehow. Dembele, Eriksen and Pritchard can also play wide so I don't think we'll be left short.

If we use the Lamela cash to but 2 strikers and a top CDM to go straight into the 11 then I'm all for it.

I'm all for erik Lamela going but levy has got no fucking excuse for not getting in berahino. Westbrom clearly will sell if we cough up the 30 mil. We have made countless amounts of money in this window including possibly Lamela so we have the money. Just pay the fucking money levy!!! He's what we need and we are now desperate
If we pay 30 million, and he scores less than 10 goals, will you decry Levy for buying a flop? Or will attack Berahino for costing 30 million?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom