Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relax everyone it doesnt matter if the season has started. Players are cheap as fuck this week...Berahino would have been 45M if we bid 4wks ago.

Do you really think the club will mess up a transfer window?

nose-dive-plane-in-ground.jpg

Relax everyone it doesnt matter if the season has started. Players are cheap as fuck this week...Berahino would have been 45M if we bid 4wks ago.

Sammy, that's all I got in reply was " don't worry there's still plenty of the window left" .... 1 week to go and we are offering our 1st instalments on berahino... Just pathetic

Its just never our fault is it
Yes, but not entirely.
We have a budget mate and wage structure. Simple as.
We pay a lot of money to pay for the privilege to watch and to watch spurs to pay these wage bills.
If not we would be doing a Spam and spending lots on crap and doing fuck all.
Maybe we were interested in him last year, and he put in a request. Maybe their valuation, which was £28m -as we are all going by press - we could not afford.
Then he realised he wasn't going anywhere and withdrew it. Fact is, he withdrew it. Lambert says he persuaded him to.
All other reasoning is conjecture, isn't it. As you, or I , do not know.

Just because we went large after selling Bale doesn't mean we will be doing it again. Unless we sell large again of course.
Why anyone would think Spurs can afford to sign one player last year for £25m+ when we needed others in over areas really puzzles me.

Last edited:
£30m for Berahino! He's good, but he's not that good.

When you think Aguero went for £38m, Costa for £32m and Sanchez for £35m!

Leave him now, go and get Austin and Pato.

Don't want Austin here tbh. Not a great fit for us and we simply need pace and ball-carriers who can actually beat a man. (For the first time since Bale).

Gotta say I've liked our business so far and was confident we'd bring another 2 in before the close of the window but now I'm not so sure.

Lamela to Inter looks a done deal so that's one less attacker.. so you'd think we've got something lined up but West Brom are throwing a spanner in the works.

In 6 days, Levy will finally realise our priority target is not for sale. What will be the excuse then?
WBA have been telling the world for 2wks now, and the first statement said basically "he's not for sale as we told Levy last time..."

Maybe some chairmen mean it, and dont just say it. Just a thought.
Which is why they've been out and bought two strikers... Yeah they selling him definitely isn't on their agenda.

Did we not bid anything 4 weeks ago then?...oh wait that's right. SSN haven't announced it so it hasn't happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom