Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have plenty of midfielders but none who are adequately equipped to protect a back four. This is no criticism of Dier but he should master his trade at centre half rather being pushed from pillar to post at such a young age.

Aye, we should be after seasoned defensive midfielders like that Capoue bloke at Watford and that guy Stambouli who PSG have been subbing on to protect their leads.

Stoke, Palace, Newcastle and Villa have all signed players that would strengthen our squad, before the season started
So? We've signed players that have strengthened our squad before the season started.

If we exit the window without buying better options than the ones that have signed for those clubs they we can look back and wonder why we didn't sign them.

My assumption is we are pursuing better options.

What the fuck, Heung-Min Son would be an unreal signing. For those of you who haven't seen him play, he's an amazing footballer. Can play both as a striker and on the wings. Should be out of our league, but money talks (?) and Leverkusen may be out of CL tonight.

Has scored 10 or more for three consecutive season in the Bundesliga (Hamburg x1, Leverkusen x2). Plays as an "AML" but can be used out right too. 23 years old. We've been rumoured to be interested in the past.
Just googled his name.
Soooo, we have signed an African player who will be off to the African cup every other year & are about to sign a South Korean who has yet to do his mandatory military service back home. Bravo.

The problem we have now with our wage structure and lack of Champions League is the fact we could probably afford someone like Lacazette for a few million more than Berahino, problem being we aren't going to interest him whatsoever.

That's the factor people don't take into account, it's more than money it's attraction, we look like a club with little ambition a southern Newcastle almost.

If I was some talented French player would I go to Spurs, fuck no, low wages in comparison, little chance of Champions League football, notoriously difficult chairman as well as recent history of many failed players than Gomes unkindly pointed out.

At the moment Berahino is the height of what we could get. Pedro would have been mad coming here, we are not an ambitious club, at least on the pitch, I feel sorry for the likes of Lloris.

30m eur for who?

i can't help but be reminded of the last time a north london club bought a south korean attacker. look how that turned out

as long as he brings kramer with him in his suitcase, all will be forgiven

Apparently, Heung-Min Son is a done deal. German press reports it. £22 million. Was a highly touted prospect a few years ago and has looked sharp in the Bundesliga. Lamela has thus been replaced!

Three seasons (Hamburg x1, Leverkusen x2) with 10 + goals scored in the league. Prefers to play on the left.

.....visits YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom