Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Axel Witsel's 2014/15 RPL radar looks like the progeny of a unicorn and rooster. We must sign the Roosticorn at once!

1G8ZS1M.png
That could easily have been Dembele's stats.

Anyone want to be bold and predict an official signing/selling announcement before midnight tonight?
Or is it all going to just kick off tomorrow?

Lamela has to happen today if he is going abroad, otherwise I suspect he is staying.

Do the Russians have a transfer deadline too? I'm assuming theirs would be today also; so what would happen with the (unlikely) Witsel move? Do we still get until tomorrow or would that have to be tied up today?

Lennon and Ade will go to the wire, probably to Everton and Villa respectively. On Loan.

Yedlin will go to Brentford or Swindon or some League 1/2 team that we usually deal with.

Berahino will go to United after we bid £25m and he has a medical: LVG will hit them with a £30m last minute offer, which is probably what their chairman is hoping.

I can only see 1 more big(10m and above) signing. It's either a DM or striker. Very little chance(10%) of 2.

I hope we can pick up a backup veteran player just to give us some leadership.

Why do we need Ki? He is not a midfield destroyer. We already have some decent passers in midfield. This is like Bent transfer all over again.

So ours in the only top European window that doesn't close today.

Does that make it likely that clubs in Spain, Italy and Germany will want to get all their business wrapped up today including Ins and Outs?

If so could be an interesting day.

Ps don't really get why the bank holiday makes a difference to the deadline. It's not as if all our clubs will be shut down and doing no business today.

Why do we need Ki? He is not a midfield destroyer. We already have some decent passers in midfield. This is like Bent transfer all over again.

I think we need a player who can sit deep and dictate the play from there. We never signed anyone to replace Modric. I don't know if Ki is that player though. Never seen him play.

If Alderweireld was still up for sale I doubt we would get him, very good business along with Son who im so excited to see. Our signings have been great tbh only one I have no clue about is Clinton. Also I love having Dier in midfield.

Does that make it likely that clubs in Spain, Italy and Germany will want to get all their business wrapped up today including Ins and Outs?

Ps don't really get why the bank holiday makes a difference to the deadline. It's not as if all our clubs will be shut down and doing no business today.

Well it should make it likely considering after today they CANNOT sign anyone..

I fear this season and my genuine worry is finishing outside the TOP 10!!!!!!
Cabaye for 10m to Palace!! That is a steal and the type of player we are crying out for someone creative in the middle of the park who knows where the goal is.
Also desparately need some genuine competition/cover/partner for Kane he cant be expected to do the same again next season (although heres hoping he can), Sissoko?? Cisse??Chichirito?? or my choice Dzeko??(maybe not realistic)

Yep really don't need a striker right enough!!!!! as I was slated back in July for doubting this squad!!!!

I think the main implication is that if we are going to sell Lamela, it has to be done today. European teams can still sell tomorrow, but only to British clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom