Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zenit have just confirmed Witsel has a release clause of €100m and the club don't want to sell him.. maybe we should move on.

I think we'll sign at least one more player, 2 if we get a cheaper striker, say Pato for £8m. Then we may go in for Wanyama. We still might pull an absolute shocker out of nowhere like the Son transfer.

I could see Lamela, Lennon and Ade all going out the door in the next 30 hours or so.

Exactly my point. Why slag off other players who have also not produced the goods under 3 managers yet defend Dembele?
Some have done far better than him.
Like I said, despite opinions to the contrary, Poch as not disregarded Moussa. I think he has managed him well. We obviously had a player who was not fit enough to last and injury prone.
He has made him a fitter, leaner, hungrier player. Saturday he was actually making forward passes and was much more direct and quicker with his passing.
Although it's in his nature and hard to coach out, he did not needlessly hold onto the ball that much either. For instance dispossessing and knocking onto Mason for the pass that set up the Kane chance, driving forward and making a lovely forward pass to Chadli at the start of the 2nd.
He usually gets dispossessed quite a lot in games and that didn't happen much either.
He looks a player who now may last the full 90 without fading and is not as injury prone.
When was the last time Dembele got an injury like that?
It used to be he'd be slowing, nothing really happening to cause an injury and hobble off when substituted only to be missing for ages with a recurrence of an old injury.
Dembele, under Poch, has spent considerably less time on the treatment table and missing under Poch.

It's because my post was a reply to comments about letting Dembele go which I find baffling when prepared to stick by players with far more flaws and who may never realise any more potential.

Zenit have just confirmed Witsel has a release clause of €100m and the club don't want to sell him.. maybe we should move on.

I think we'll sign at least one more player, 2 if we get a cheaper striker, say Pato for £8m. Then we may go in for Wanyama. We still might pull an absolute shocker out of nowhere like the Son transfer.

I could see Lamela, Lennon and Ade all going out the door in the next 30 hours or so.
God that is ridiculous, he might be good, but the fact he's playing at zenit and not a biggish club indicates that he's not worth anywhere near that value. Sounds more like a hostage situation, which honestly wouldn't be all that surprising.

Hernandez signs for Leverkusen for £12,000,000
Borini signs for Sunderland for £10,000,000

Something big is going to happen. Lets hope it's for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom