Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Sky Denmark Eriksen is looking for a move away :eriksenserious:

The positive would be we could then play four four two, :freundgoal:

If only we had two strikers! Saying that I imagine this team would be lethal and very 09/10
[formation=442, Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Son, Bentaleb, Alli, Chadli, N'Jie, Kane][/formation]
When are you going to walk your dog?

I can not believe Man United are paying almost £40m for Martial!! They is fucking ridiculous.

Berahino's price has just gone up, for those still hoping we've got any chance of signing him.

Game's gone mad. World's gone mad.

:pochbye:

According to Sky Denmark Eriksen is looking for a move away :eriksenserious:

The positive would be we could then play four four two, :freundgoal:

If only we had two strikers! Saying that I imagine this team would be lethal and very 09/10
[formation=442, Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Son, Bentaleb, Alli, Chadli, N'Jie, Kane][/formation]

Yeaaaah, there's no "Sky Denmark" however....
Good shout, though. :eriksenserious:

Eriksen is a very talented player, but he hasn't done enough with us to get a move to a "bigger" club. Where does he think he will go? Liverpool? Hull?
Wolfsburg might want to replace De Bruyne and now have money to spend, they finished second in the Bundesliga and are likely to qualify from their CL group.

We looked good without Eriksen on Saturday anyway. Not saying we wouldn't miss him but he's hardly irreplaceable. We've had a lot better players than him leave and we've coped just fine.

Just seen this elsewhere.

JJetset said:
At this stage in proceedings i would say that we will be ok.
No details at this point but i'm currently confident as all ongoing.
You know me well enough to know that i have absolutely no issue with breaking bad news but at this point we are at different stages on players and we should be covered.
Enjoy the ride and toes crossed.

An ITK with no specific details, well I never.

:dawsonlol:

We looked good without Eriksen on Saturday anyway. Not saying we wouldn't miss him but he's hardly irreplaceable. We've had a lot better players than him leave and we've coped just fine.

We might be able to cope without him, but we need to be holding on to players who are regulars in our starting XI. It just sends out a signal.

Oh yeah, a single 0-0 match is basis of selling our most creative player.
Would be absolutely mental selling him now that we've brought in pacey wingers.

Wrote a little piece on here some weeks ago about how to play Eriksen. He needs to be central, and he needs pace in front of him to stretch out the opponents defence. Gives him time and space to find the thru-balls, link up with the striker and shooting from distance. Inverted players like Chadli and Lamela who barely make deep runs compresses the defense in front of him, causing him to have little or no space = short passing with no real danger, being bossed of the ball etc.

He could be golden now if we manage to get Son and N'Jie and perhaps Berahino going on the wings with their endless deep runs.

Martial isn't what United need at all. They're just throwing money at anything that moves.
Their lack of strategy is insane.

But then you look at Edward Woodward and it makes sense...

woodward1.jpg

Overgrown spiv thinking he's Billy-Bigbollocks because he landed a gig with unlimited funding.

Don't remember them getting a 'good deal' once recently.

I can not believe Man United are paying almost £40m for Martial!! They is fucking ridiculous.

Berahino's price has just gone up, for those still hoping we've got any chance of signing him.

Game's gone mad. World's gone mad.

:pochbye:

How do you figure, this has effect on the Berahino price? Yes, the Martial price is insanity. But so is any number of other prices we've seen this summer. Apparently Leeds rejected a 10m bid from Shef Wed yesterday. The game's gone mad long before this.

The facts with regards to WBA remain the same. Their net spent is (probably) too high over the last two seasons and they've got an unhappy camper in position where they've got too many players. The deal may not happen, but I'd say we're holding the best cards in this game of who blinks first.

Maybe not this season, but the boy has talent and will do well.

That whole situation stinks though, we went in for him, he signs a new deal and then gets a fucking move anyway, to someone else? What bollocks is that?
Yeah no doubt, but for the quoted 40m? LvG HAS to challenge for the title this season, otherwise he's done.

Eriksen is a very talented player, but he hasn't done enough with us to get a move to a "bigger" club. Where does he think he will go? Liverpool? Hull?

No he hasn't and goes missing too often.

Watching SSN and listening to Talksquawk ( yes I am that sad!) and the word seems to be that he will stay this season but his options will be open next summer as he wants CL!

:eriksenlol:

Their lack of strategy is insane.

But then you look at Edward Woodward and it makes sense...

woodward1.jpg

Overgrown spiv thinking he's Billy-Bigbollocks because he landed a gig with unlimited funding.

Don't remember them getting a 'good deal' once recently.
Schweinsteiger for 10m is a good deal imo, but I can't believe how they've failed to address their cb problem. They've got Blind there now, and he's not going to cut it. He's good at reading the game and has good technical abilities, but he'll come short against the more physical players(like Gomis yesterday). They fucked up when they sold Di Maria imo.

We looked good because we had Mason and Alli constantly running behind Everton's line.

Eriksen would have flourished with players actually making runs instead players like Lamela and Dembele coming centrally and crowding him.

No he hasn't and goes missing too often.

Watching SSN and listening to Talksquawk ( yes I am that sad!) and the word seems to be that he will stay this season but his options will be open next summer as he wants CL!

:eriksenlol:

You have got to laugh at these cunts that want Champions League football but won't consistently put in the performances with their existing clubs to get there.

Erikson has scored a lot of goals for us, and a lot of important ones to boot, but have his overall performances been consistent enough? I remember a few people lamenting Chadli for scoring goals and nothing much else. Does Eriksen get a free pass then? How many goals have we conceded because he doesn't track back enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom