Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that's what you were getting at aswell , or did you mean that our top 4 four hopes were dashed because we didn't sign these two misfits.

Totti Totti aswell.

1. Correlation does not imply causation.
2. It was merely a joke on the strike-through-madness a certain poster practioned earlier this summer, combined with a lot of posters' (ridicolous, imv) willingness to sign Moses.

Define 'better'. He's a better wide front man, he's faster, he's younger, he's a 'better' wide forward option. Austin is a better target man, better finisher, better in the air.

It all depends what Poch/Levy thinks our priorities are. Berahino or Austin will be better than one another depending on what kind of role they think we need. With N'Jie and Son coming in, along with current options in the shape of Chadli, Lamela etc I'd be inclined to think that we need more of an Austin style player than Berahino.

Good post. I agree with you that we need more of an Austin style player which is why I'm more hoping we bring him in... Also with Berainho, my gut tells me he's a bit of trouble and a mercenary. Not someone we want since we're trying so desperately to get rid of Adebayor.

In every sense it's a better idea to sign Austin (assuming there's nothing we don't know) and yet Levy is pursuing Berainho... Why? Because of the press? I don't know, honestly can't see how he would fit in Poch's plans.

I feel like with the exception of Toby that Poch has been given his 2nd or 3rd choice player in every transfer this year based on how Toby got straight into the first team - which kind of pisses me off. We should be supporting the manager and building a better team. Not signing who the press is linking us up with.

I'd obviously prefer Berainho to no new striker in this window, but I hope we get someone else in the Austin mold if not Austin himself.

So we off load ade thus freeing up his wages and do not bother with a replacement?

Despite son and njie coming in we have offloaded saldado, ade and Lennon is frozen out........

I have been a fan of levy in the past but if no striker is brought in today then I think we all know that enic are not all serious about our footballing ambitions but would rather see a healthy balance sheet

How many goals have we scored in our first 4 games again?

Lol. We aren't signing anyone. Not even a panic buy by the looks of it.

For all the "what's the point if he's sold next year " I'd retort with one injury to Kane and we are goners.

Certainly everyone from Chadli to Vorm can play there instead according to Poch but when has he ever shown flexibility or tactical awareness? We are going to persist with his non pressing, sideways passing, 60th minute subbing 423-useless fucking formation.

Cretins all over. Levy. Poch. Mitchell. Making a mockery of the club.

So we off load ade thus freeing up his wages and do not bother with a replacement?

Despite son and njie coming in we have offloaded saldado, ade and Lennon is frozen out........

I have been a fan of levy in the past but if no striker is brought in today then I think we all know that enic are not all serious about our footballing ambitions but would rather see a healthy balance sheet

How many goals have we scored in our first 4 games again?

Mate, we are paying off Ade's contract to go to West Spam. We might as well let him rot here since Poch will get fired for ineptitude, Kane will get injured and Ade will score in both legs against us.

Why don't we offer west brom Lamela on loan with the berahino deal. Surely an offer brom would consider and they atleast get a forward player in the process. Can't believe this hasn't been thought of.

Hey, I`ve just noticed.

CretinousTwat thinks I`m a Gooner
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom