Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the hell not? It's good business sense and petty is the name of the game against rival clubs.

Did you miss our actions with Adebayor in January? Or Willian's move to Chelsea?

Pettiness is the whole point.

Who should we bother going for then? Personally I agree that we're not paying enough to do some of the suggested deals but, there has to be merit in trying for some of them. There are only so many clubs that play champions league and pay £150-300k a week - not everybody can go to them and maybe not all want to sit on their benches.

The annoying thing is that most of these targets were available at much cheaper prices and have been snapped up by the likes of S'oton, Villa etc whilst we dawdled and/or were cocking up in the transfer market. How badly did we need a striker when the likes of Michu, Cisse, Bony, Benteke, Remy, Berbatov etc were getting signed up for £2-8m by 'smaller clubs'......

Depay was too big a gamble at £15-17m last year, now look at him.

We did the same with Aguero, Suarez and Hazard to differing extents as well.

Or Dutch or German. The official language of Belgium is actually Dutch. That is what they speak in Goverment. However, most Belgians speak Flemish which is a combination of French, German and Dutch. 59% speak Dutch/Flemish. 40% speak French and 1% speak German.

However, none of this has anything to do with Football since in the EPL, most manager will make their players speak English on the pitch.
Belgium actually has three official languages: German, Dutch, and French.

Or Dutch or German. The official language of Belgium is actually Dutch. That is what they speak in Goverment. However, most Belgians speak Flemish which is a combination of French, German and Dutch. 59% speak Dutch/Flemish. 40% speak French and 1% speak German.

However, none of this has anything to do with Football since in the EPL, most manager will make their players speak English on the pitch.
Additionally the single most spoken language in Belgium is French. This was the reason why Jurgen Klinnsman was concerned in the world cup when Algerian refs were assigned to the USA-Belgium match because both the Belgian players and Algerian refs spoke French

Additionally the single most spoken language in Belgium is French. This was the reason why Jurgen Klinnsman was concerned in the world cup when Algerian refs were assigned to the USA-Belgium match because both the Belgian players and Algerian refs spoke French

This is the last I will say on this, but once more, the most commonly spoken language in Belgium is Dutch.

Jurgen Klinnsman was quite frankly just looking for early excuses as to why America might lose to Algeria. The referee and the players speaking the same language is funnily enough, a good thing. I'd imagine the referee would have also spoken some English.

We were linked with Alderweireld the summer we bought Vertonghen if I remember correctly, possibly the summer after but I remember from the time reading about them being best friends etc. Its not just the case that they speak the same language(s), they went through the Ajax academy together and were the first choice CB pairing for 2/3 years or so. Im my opinion if anyone can get the best out of Vertonghen, its Alderweireld.

It was only a couple of months ago Alderweireld said he would like the play with Jan again - http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/tran...vertonghen-alderweireld-hints-at-interest-in-

Maybe were not being linked with him because for all parties it makes sense to make as little noise as possible. His agent has no need to be shouting around trying to drum up interest and Alderweireld himself will want to stay quiet and respectful, he has already voiced his opinion.

:vert::ade:
And with over half of their population speaking Dutch, it would be wrong to assume that either Jan or Toby can even speak French. It would be like me assuming you speak Spanish because half Mexico are making a break for Cali.
JV: Usually one of my fellow countrymen, MousaDembele or NacerChadli, but I get along with all of the guys: Christian Eriksen, Lewis Holtby and the English lads. I also spend a lot of time with the French players because I speak the language, but my best friend at the club is Mousa, who I have known from a young age.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...purs-star-on-premier-league-pace-belgium-more

Just to be an ass :ade:

Blemish?

It's not even a real country!

Famous for Stella lager, Tin Tin and spraying human excrement on farm fields during the heat of Summer as I found out a few years ago when I was stuck in a traffic jam on the way to Oostend!

:chadliwtf:

Who should we bother going for then? Personally I agree that we're not paying enough to do some of the suggested deals but, there has to be merit in trying for some of them. There are only so many clubs that play champions league and pay £150-300k a week - not everybody can go to them and maybe not all want to sit on their benches.

The annoying thing is that most of these targets were available at much cheaper prices and have been snapped up by the likes of S'oton, Villa etc whilst we dawdled and/or were cocking up in the transfer market. How badly did we need a striker when the likes of Michu, Cisse, Bony, Benteke, Remy, Berbatov etc were getting signed up for £2-8m by 'smaller clubs'......

Depay was too big a gamble at £15-17m last year, now look at him.

We did the same with Aguero, Suarez and Hazard to differing extents as well.
We actually offered 18 for Depay last summer, according to PSV. We also offered 20 in January, and they turned us down again.

I don't say there is no merit in trying, but it's not just about transfer fees. We also have to pay wages, and a guy who would be a back up striker for us, thank to the new TV money, can be paid 50k a week as the starting striker for somewhere smaller.

That's the world we live in. It also means we have to look for more unusual alternatives, be they in the Championship, or in other countries.

Hence the reason I said I liked the idea of Timo Werner or Calum Wilson.

I have never understood the clamor for Konoplyanka. He scored a penalty against us but for the most part Kyle Naughton marked him out of the game. His stats are okay but he plays in the Ukranian league. He'll be 26 early next season.

I could be totally wrong here as I don't watch the Ukranian league but he has never impressed me. Where would he play anyway? Another to compete with Chadli and Pritchard? Because he's never really played on the right.

I have never understood the clamor for Konoplyanka. He scored a penalty against us but for the most part Kyle Naughton marked him out of the game. His stats are okay but he plays in the Ukranian league. He'll be 26 early next season.

I could be totally wrong here as I don't watch the Ukranian league but he has never impressed me. Where would he play anyway? Another to compete with Chadli and Pritchard? Because he's never really played on the right.
meh just throw him on the pile of other shit players taking up space. I doubt Poch wants that kind of trash

He ran Naughton ragged that game and created a ton of chances for DNIPRO. I mean, didn't just run him ragged but basically pulled his pants down in front of class embarrassed him.

Granted I don't think schooling Kyle Naughton should be celebrated like a grand achievement, but the idea that Naughton marked him out of the game is so far from the truth.

He ran Naughton ragged that game and created a ton of chances for DNIPRO. I mean, didn't just run him ragged but basically pulled his pants down in front of class embarrassed him.

Granted I don't think schooling Kyle Naughton should be celebrated like a grand achievement, but the idea that Naughton marked him out of the game is so far from the truth.

To be fair I could do that to Naughton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom