Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair I could do that to Naughton
I mean, yeah I get it. Naughton isn't great, in fact he is utterly terrible when playing LB. He is a decent enough RB but one that you would hope your winger would be able to have a day with and he was reduced to ash by Konoplyanka. Again I don't think this is enough to sign a winger on alone on but in the few other DNIPRO matches I've seen he has been the standout for DNIPRO as well. I think he's worth a punt.

I have never understood the clamor for Konoplyanka. He scored a penalty against us but for the most part Kyle Naughton marked him out of the game. His stats are okay but he plays in the Ukranian league. He'll be 26 early next season.

I could be totally wrong here as I don't watch the Ukranian league but he has never impressed me. Where would he play anyway? Another to compete with Chadli and Pritchard? Because he's never really played on the right.
Completely agree. He is all show no go. Without a doubt he has enough skill to warrant specific attention but all you have to do is watch his highlight reels on YouTube to see that he often beats the first man, and does it with a nice bit of skill which is why people wank over him, however he almost always never beats the 2nd man. He never delivers an accurate cross or pass and rarely gets his shots on target.
When we played him we put Naughton tight on him, and Dembele covered him, because Naughton went tight he was turned a few times by him but Dembele was there to hold him up and show him the line, by then Naughton had recovered and he didn't get past us all night. He did score a nice goal from a set piece I recall but thought we took him out of the game in open play in both legs.
You have to ask the question why is he still at Dnipro if he is that good.

He ran Naughton ragged that game and created a ton of chances for DNIPRO. I mean, didn't just run him ragged but basically pulled his pants down in front of class embarrassed him.

Granted I don't think schooling Kyle Naughton should be celebrated like a grand achievement, but the idea that Naughton marked him out of the game is so far from the truth.

and that is exactly why he is over rated. That clip looks good but what did he do with it once he beat Naughton? Answer, fuck all. Here is his highlights from that game, penalty aside, how many shots were on target, how many passes did he complete?

He has skill which everyone froths about but he does absolutely fuck all with it.

I mean, yeah I get it. Naughton isn't great, in fact he is utterly terrible when playing LB. He is a decent enough RB but one that you would hope your winger would be able to have a day with and he was reduced to ash by Konoplyanka. Again I don't think this is enough to sign a winger on alone on but in the few other DNIPRO matches I've seen he has been the standout for DNIPRO as well. I think he's worth a punt.
This is completely aside from topic, but why is every letter in Dnipro capitalised in your posts?

and that is exactly why he is over rated. That clip looks good but what did he do with it once he beat Naughton? Answer, fuck all. Here is his highlights from that game, penalty aside, how many shots were on target, how many passes did he complete?

He has skill which everyone froths about but he does absolutely fuck all with it.

Part of that is down to the quality of the team as a whole.

Anyways looking back at his stats from the two legs he ad 9 interceptions, completed 13 take ons took 8 shots (4 on goal, one scored) and complete ~75% of his passes despite being the most marked man on the pitch. Not too bad considering that the quality of player on average at Dnipro is lower than what he'd have here or elsewhere in the Premier League.

We need someone dynamic that can take fullbacks on and get in behind the defense. I don't really care if it's this guy, but we need somebody like him and personally I think Konoplayaka could do a job for us.

Part of that is down to the quality of the team as a whole.

Anyways looking back at his stats from the two legs he ad 9 interceptions, completed 13 take ons took 8 shots (4 on goal, one scored) and complete ~75% of his passes despite being the most marked man on the pitch. Not too bad considering that the quality of player on average at Dnipro is lower than what he'd have here or elsewhere in the Premier League.

We need someone dynamic that can take fullbacks on and get in behind the defense. I don't really care if it's this guy, but we need somebody like him and personally I think Konoplayaka could do a job for us.
Agree we need an explosive player that can turn defences, I am confident this fella isn't it. Unless a manger thinks he can coach him into being more productive.

Agree we need an explosive player that can turn defences, I am confident this fella isn't it. Unless a manger thinks he can coach him into being more productive.

I assume that if we get him it's because Poch thinks he can get something out of him. We've been tracking him for a while now so it's not a impulse buy like sayyyyyyy... Paulinho after the Gold Cup.

He's pretty productive in both the Ukrainian League (so I've read) and the Europa League (so I've seen) while being by far the best player on his team and the focal point of opposing defenses (which he shouldn't be here). He can only beat the players put in front of him so while it's a risk (like any non-Premier League experienced player is, it may be a good one.

Then again, I thought Capoue was going to be the guy that made us forget Sandro

:sandro:

I assume that if we get him it's because Poch thinks he can get something out of him.

:sandro:

I haven't seen Poch get anything more out of an older, more experienced pro yet. He's ditched all those that he doesn't like or can't coach/manage; Capoue, Kaboul, Ade (maybe more to that one overall), Lennon, Stambouli and even Dembele to an extent.

Lloris and Verts have done their usual, any improvement has come from youngsters coming from a lower base who had more headroom to improve anyway. The team system and dynamic has not been consistent at all yet, hence things like the worst defence in the top 16 of the league.

It's pretty important that at least 3 signings are made which are specifically identified as able to play roles Poch has identified as gaps he needs to fill. His system is rigid, the players have to be able to do what he wants already I think or it's unlikely to go well.

If most of the existing team he's been playing to death don't know his system and what he expects by now and can't make it work ASAP then we have serious problems.

Spot on mate, there's nothing there in terms of actually helping the team on the whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom