Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
tottenham-kit-2015-16-1.jpg
I'm sorry guys.
It was too good to resist.

:pochbye:
Was it though?? really? and for what purpose... to fool some of YOUR OWN FANS into thinking we've signed someone we haven't (yet!) And to show off your photo shop skills...? Well done, I'm very impressed!
If you're gonna wind fans up, then why not put it to good use and photoshop a picture of Charlie Adam in a Gooner kit and tell that lot he's signed for THEM! give 'em all a fright!

Last edited:
Was it though?? [/really? [/i] and for what purpose... to fool some of YOUR OWN FANS into thinking we've signed someone we haven't (yet!) And to show off your photo shop skills...? Well done, I'm very impressed!
If you're gonna wind fans up, then why not put it to good use and photoshop a picture of Charliw Adam in an Woolwich kit and tell that lot he's signed for THEM! give 'em all a fright!
Calm down mate - it was only a bit of fun.

He's been brilliant any time I've seen him. That's only about eight matches though!
French people don't fancy him because is a 8 for say, he's not a player like Iniesta or James and the Monaco fans (do they have fans btw? :wansum:) expected a number 10, someone to score and do a lot of assists. I think that we could easily buy him. And we are all over Monaco players in the recent weeks.

French people don't fancy him because is a 8 for say, he's not a player like Iniesta or James and the Monaco fans (do they have fans btw? :wansum:) expected a number 10, someone to score and do a lot of assists. I think that we could easily buy him. And we are all over Monaco players in the recent weeks.
He's on fortunes over there though. We can't offer half of what he's on.

I was NEVER impressed by Moutinho before he went to Monaco. Whenever i saw him for Portugal he was hiding and never saw the fascination with his performances for Porto but when seeing some Monaco matches, the guy oozes class. I'd definitely like him here.

Was it though?? [/really? [/i] and for what purpose... to fool some of YOUR OWN FANS into thinking we've signed someone we haven't (yet!) And to show off your photo shop skills...? Well done, I'm very impressed!
If you're gonna wind fans up, then why not put it to good use and photoshop a picture of Charliw Adam in an Woolwich kit and tell that lot he's signed for THEM! give 'em all a fright!

Why so serious?
This is part of all the madness and fun of the transfer windows.

:dwi: ... And fyi, I didn't make it.

£15 million isn't what it used to be. I get your points and they are valid. The issue though is that in the modern realm of football, if a player had the experience and intl caps you speak of the cost will be £25 million and we won't pay it.
I am concerned about DM more than any other place on our squad and I think we need to do whatever is necessary to make a serious upgrade. We can't use the failures of the bale money every time we go to spend. We need faith in scouting and new mgt. If Imbula or another £15 million player is even as the answer then make it happen. I just hate seeing interest and then lowball offers that result in U.S. Getting backups for half the price.
Our first offer was £9m, supposedly. Obviously don't know where this info comes from. The clubs are not going to tell each bidder what the other has bid.
I would say £15m is a very good offer for a player of his 'potential' -as that is what you are gambling on.
They needed to sell at least one player to comply with DNCG by 30th June deadline. They have done that
Don't know if they have to sell him now anyway.
I suppose as Spam have got Payet it may not be essential to them. So, that's not done us any favours as they can now inflate the price.
I suggest that's maybe why the sum was 'undisclosed ' so as others are in the dark as to what would be needed, if anything, for them to get on track with DNCG.

Our first offer was £9m, supposedly. Obviously don't know where this info comes from. The clubs are not going to tell each bidder what the other has bid.
I would say £15m is a very good offer for a player of his 'potential' -as that is what you are gambling on.
They needed to sell at least one player to comply with DNCG by 30th June deadline. They have done that
Don't know if they have to sell him now anyway.
I suppose as Spam have got Payet it may not be essential to them. So, that's not done us any favours as they can now inflate the price.
I suggest that's maybe why the sum was 'undisclosed ' so as others are in the dark as to what would be needed, if anything, for them to get on track with DNCG.
Unsure as to why you quoted me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom