Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
So paulinho transfer is officially done, his player thread has been moved to general football. Luckily we still have holtby around for comic relief:holtbytongue: Btw why is holtbys smiley in old spurs?

Victor Wanyama? James Ward-Prowse? Ashley Williams? Ryan Shawcross? Dusan Tadic? Moussa Sissoko? Saido Berahino? Troy Deeney? Will Hughes? Rudy Gestede?

wanyama, williams, sissoko & berahino would be good signings.

ward-prowse is promising. wicked cross on him.

shawcross decent but rather toby.

gestede? barely seen. pass.

deeney more that good enough 3rd striker for us.

hughes i think is overhyped because he is english & can actually control a ball & pass straight.

tadic. not bad but blows hot & cold & too inconsistant.

il add---

callum wilson. so much potential.

rhodes scores so many. but heard hes lazy & poor all round game which wouldnt work for poch.

redmond? not bad but got a feeling he wont improve much.

gray? lots of skill & ability. but will he be effective.

Ward-Prowse is no better then Pritchard, lets be real. Pritchard is better then Ward-Prowse at the one thing JWP is good at and that's set pieces.

Moussa Sissoko for me would be such a good signing though. Absolute animal.

Great - agree 100% - who?
This may be something alot of you will disagree on - I personally think, that Alderweireld would be better suited to us than Schneiderlin. (as example)

He (according to the media) wants to play in London, and join up with some of his Belgian friends to play at Tottenham. Vertonghen and Alderweireld could be our new CB pairing or he will be moved to defensive midfield, a position he can also play in. He can also play RB if it was needed. He has massive experience - CL, EL, one season in Spain, one season in England, almost 50 caps for Belgium and a great player in the Eredivisie (and players coming from the Netherlands seem to work out well).

Schneiderlin on the other hand is a better defensive midfielder, no doubt about that. But, he has never played in european competition. He also demands hefty wages and doesn't really respect Southampton as a football club. How many times did he tell the media that he wants to leave? It puts the selling club in a bad situation. And he's another player who thinks that Champions League is the holy grail of football.

Does anyone remember a couple of years ago when we all got serious hardons because we signed seven pretty expensive foreign players.

None of whom had experience playing here. Most of whom turned out to be fucking garbage.

Yet, a couple of names apart, this thread is full of folk gasping for the same again. Players from teams I've barely heard of, who've got thirty games under their belt, with release clauses of "only £30m".

What the fucking fuck? Is there nobody except MS (can't spell his name) or Benteke that play at a level below us, would improve our squad, and have English football experience?

Victor Wanyama? James Ward-Prowse? Ashley Williams? Ryan Shawcross? Dusan Tadic? Moussa Sissoko? Saido Berahino? Troy Deeney? Will Hughes? Rudy Gestede?

We are all very excited to see Pritchard and Ali next season, so why aren't we considering any of these guys, or others from lower sides in the league structure?

Stick your Imbula up your japs. He's next seasons Capoue.
Because signing a player from another league doesn't mean they'll fail. Vertonghen, Hugo, eriksen, even dier did well his first season. Chadli did well in his second season. I believe lamela will come good too. If you get the right player in the right system, they'll succeed. Just because we've signed some duds in the past doesn't mean they'll all be bad.

First of all, people are glad that he's gone but the celebrations are just a joke. If this place does one thing well, it's hyperbole. Are people really celebrating that Levy sold him for ~10MM, or are people doing it to get a laugh in what is a fairly slow new period?

Same thing goes with Levy. Two things are guaranteed each transfer period, people bitching about ENIC/Levy, and people posting .gif's about Levy in celebration of how we apparently fucked someone over with the prices we got for a player.

If you would have asked anyone a couple of weeks ago, almost nobody would have thought that we'd get what we did for him. So, people make jokes about it. But don't let me rain on your anti-Levy parade.

not really a parade. just a couple of small comments.
but carry on with the dramatics.
pretend i have a levy vodoo doll if u like too.

This may be something alot of you will disagree on - I personally think, that Alderweireld would be better suited to us than Schneiderlin. (as example)

He (according to the media) wants to play in London, and join up with some of his Belgian friends to play at Tottenham. Vertonghen and Alderweireld could be our new CB pairing or he will be moved to defensive midfield, a position he can also play in. He can also play RB if it was needed. He has massive experience - CL, EL, one season in Spain, one season in England, almost 50 caps for Belgium and a great player in the Eredivisie (and players coming from the Netherlands seem to work out well).

Schneiderlin on the other hand is a better defensive midfielder, no doubt about that. But, he has never played in european competition. He also demands hefty wages and doesn't really respect Southampton as a football club. How many times did he tell the media that he wants to leave? It puts the selling club in a bad situation. And he's another player who thinks that Champions League is the holy grail of football.
I'm very happy with the reports that say Alder is coming for £14 million - but that's still a big signing for us IMO.

He should take an equal amount of blame for poor signings as he does praise for good ones - we have quite a few of those, that's why Real Madrid are always sniffing around.

But selling players with a low stock for decent fees is solely down to him imo, being a mixture of his (sometimes over) negotiation and (sometimes self-defeating) strategy to sign only young players with sell on value.

true. but i think we will lose just as much in transfer fees & wages because he over values all our players by way too much.
i think it evens itself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom