Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
When signed though they weren't shit at their job. Paulinho was signed on the back of solid performances in South America as well as being the third best player in the Confederations Cup. Soldado was signed after being the best striker in world football not playing for a top club winning titles and we signed Adebayor following a fourth place finish and top goalscoring season with us.

I imagine you've never been in a job where it'd cost millions upon millions to actually sack you. The best you can hope for is that after a few years of your stock plummeting you can get someone to pay more than your current value. Like getting £10,000,000 for Paulinho and some of the numbers branded around for Soldado

I know. I'm tired and frustrated that our Bale money hasn't come good. I couldn't be arsed developing a good argument. And nobody apart from footballers will have the privilege of earning millions from doing a terrible job.

It'd cost Renault quite a lot of money to replace me, thinking about it. Not millions mind. If it did I'd be on Soldado's boat getting a suntan with his (hopefully) new turkish pals.

It's Levy's fault for offering Adebayor a long term deal. Everyone knew that could go sideways very quickly and it did. Adebayor has the right to be paid what the club agreed to contractually pay him. Levy made a risky play with Adebayor and it hasn't really worked out.

Regardless of difficult Adebayor has been the club has to be largely blamed for it. Everyone involved knew what Adebayor was like before pen touched paper. Didn't come out of nowhere, did it?

It's Levy's fault for offering Adebayor a long term deal. Everyone knew that could go sideways very quickly and it did. Adebayor has the right to be paid what the club agreed to contractually pay him. Levy made a risky play with Adebayor and it hasn't really worked out.

Regardless of difficult Adebayor has been the club has to be largely blamed for it. Everyone involved knew what Adebayor was like before pen touched paper. Didn't come out of nowhere, did it?
Agreed, however he seems to work well every other year, he was shit last season so hopefully this one coming he'll actually be good, remember, now he's playing for a contract (won't be the end of the world if we keep him for one more season).

I agree there should be a mixture of age, personality and experience in the team and I also agree that signing only from the British Isles is no guarantee of success. I do think it helps if a player knows the culture and language though.

One thing I'm not in agreement with is Lamela. Fine, he may come good, but I want thirty goals per season, every season, from someone that cost that much money. For that cash, you have to hit the ground running, not come good in season three.
30 a season seems a bit over-ambitious. That's a long way beyond a lot of guys who cost a lot more.

Does anyone remember a couple of years ago when we all got serious hardons because we signed seven pretty expensive foreign players.

None of whom had experience playing here. Most of whom turned out to be fucking garbage.

Yet, a couple of names apart, this thread is full of folk gasping for the same again. Players from teams I've barely heard of, who've got thirty games under their belt, with release clauses of "only £30m".

What the fucking fuck? Is there nobody except MS (can't spell his name) or Benteke that play at a level below us, would improve our squad, and have English football experience?

Victor Wanyama? James Ward-Prowse? Ashley Williams? Ryan Shawcross? Dusan Tadic? Moussa Sissoko? Saido Berahino? Troy Deeney? Will Hughes? Rudy Gestede?

We are all very excited to see Pritchard and Ali next season, so why aren't we considering any of these guys, or others from lower sides in the league structure?

Stick your Imbula up your japs. He's next seasons Capoue.
Since no one else pointed this out over the next four pages...

Rumours before season-end said Pochettino wanted players with Premier League experience. And the Trippier signing shows that may be the case. So this post is likely not a million miles from the truth.

Players already comfortable in England have one less variable to deal with. So bring on the Victor Moses, Callum Wilson and others. The glory's in the doing, not in the signing.

I have on good authority that a Spurs player has convinced Alderweireld to join Spurs whilst he was out on his honeymoon.

CIqjUyaWoAEAakh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom