Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the he'll is happening to us ?
I'm not sure I can take much more of this.
Don't feed the troll

According to him we're on the brink of administration and cannot (and should not) afford much more than 5m on a player

From Davids and Van der Vaart to Burnley's finest

I don't know. You really are sinking to new depths now man. Using the 'proposed' new stadium to justify transfer targets such as Norwood and Murphy from the Championship. Tell me, are you expecting us to challenge the top 4 next season.

If I were you I would go and live in isolation for 8-10 years as we aren't going to be signing the level of player you expect until then or after imo.

Just look down the road for the timeline of transfer spending - pre stadium it was Henry and Pires, for the 5 years after it was Gervinho and Bentdner, now it's Ozil and Sanchez.

When did we ever compete with the very top clubs for players? Certainly not in my 35 years as s fan.

This need for big fees, fancy names just doesn't make sense when our best player last season came from our youth team as did our most improved (Rose via Leeds).

Or do we continue to break our transfer record on Paulinho, Soldado, Lamela, etc. that worked soooooo well last time.

Pritchards end product is infinitely better. I'm willing to bet you now that Pritchard will score and assist more than JWP will this season.
we shall see my friend. i think JWP will get way more game time.
id have loaned pritchard to a team like bournemouth.
learn more in the premiership first.
its a big step up. i think kane has made us expect lots & very quickly of follow youngsters coming through.

When did we ever compete with the very top clubs for players? Certainly not in my 35 years as s fan.

This need for big fees, fancy names just doesn't make sense when our best player last season came from our youth team as did our most improved (Rose via Leeds).

Or do we continue to break our transfer record on Paulinho, Soldado, Lamela, etc. that worked soooooo well last time.

i agree to an extent. but i do think we need a big ££ CM signing like MS if we are to seriously challenge for 4th.
i just dont see which youth player will step up next season & be amazing in CM.
& there are probably a few little bargins who will end up being top draw CMs. but they are so hard to find.
we could do this every year for the next 10 & not find a really good CM.
in the long run a big name signing like MS will be cheaper than a different 5m benji or capoue every season for the next 10.
yes of course we could get a bargin signing who ends up as good as an MS. but that is quite a long shot.

but deep down i think the owners are more than happy with 5th.
i cant believe they think this team has a good chance of 4th+.

i agree to an extent. but i do think we need a big ££ CM signing like MS if we are to seriously challenge for 4th.
i just dont see which youth player will step up next season & be amazing in CM.
& there are probably a few little bargins who will end up being top draw CMs. but they are so hard to find.
we could do this every year for the next 10 & not find a really good CM.
in the long run a big name signing like MS will be cheaper than a different 5m benji or capoue every season for the next 10.
yes of course we could get a bargin signing who ends up as good as an MS. but that is quite a long shot.

but deep down i think the owners are more than happy with 5th.
i cant believe they think this team has a good chance of 4th+.
I said earlier that there does need to be a mix of abilities, potential and experience, so I agree with your point. I think it's important to have an experienced hand beside Bentaleb next season. Just not convinced that a 22 year old with a season and a bit in Ligue Un is that guy.

Edit - but there is no way ENIC are happy with 5th. More money if they go higher or a higher price on the club if or when they come to sell. No way are they happy with 5th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom