Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, Lloris was easily top 10. People clearly have short memories - Lyon dominated French football for best part of a decade before PSG got bought and Lloris was ahead of the extremely capable Mandana in the France team.

How can you disagree with this candrews candrews ? The relationship between the clubs have broken down completely the last years.

Because I see this silly statement branded around on here all the time. None of us on here know anything about their relationship in reality. They sold Unitied mata. And have now sold Cech to Aresnal.Who happen to be more direct rivals. It's a known thing that the club's are rivals and things got heated over the modric situation. But its stupid to say the clubs wouldn't make a deal if it was of mutual benefit, because of a grudge. There's far too much money in football these days to have that sort of attitude. I'm sure a man as astute as Jose would rather sell a player to us, than a direct rival for example. Hope I have clarified on why I pressed the disagree button.

Because I see this silly statement branded around on here all the time. None of us on here know anything about their relationship in reality. They sold Unitied mata. And have now sold Cech to Aresnal.Who happen to be more direct rivals. It's a known thing that the club's are rivals and things got heated over the modric situation. But its stupid to say the clubs wouldn't make a deal if it was of mutual benefit, because of a grudge. There's far too much money in football these days to have that sort of attitude. I'm sure a man as astute as Jose would rather sell a player to us, than a direct rival for example. Hope I have clarified on why I pressed the disagree button.
We are seen as a direct rival though, and it's not about Jose, it's about Roman and Daniel. Someone wasn't too happy when we wouldn't sell them Modric, and was entirely happy to poach Willian during our medical.

but but but he's mentally ill now isn't he?
Yes, probably is. I wonder if his entourage or his club ever advised counselling for PTSD after the Togo bus incident.
However, his rep as a player who played well when it suited him was known - at least by those Woolwich wankers - by the time that happened.
As a human being, you have to show a little compassion for him though.

Good god, does anyone remember when Togo played a friendly in Bahrain and lost. Yet it wasn't the actual Togo team. Their ex manager had taken a team there, as well as taking other Togo players to Egypt to play without permission and fix the matches for betting syndicates.

Well, tbh. I got a good source within the club that has said as much and the relationship is supposed to be on an all-time low. The last time I asked about that was a while ago and had nothing to do with this, but I don't see how it has all changed now.

Based on that, I'd be surprised to see a deal get done between the clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom