Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
hstd1kJ.gif

That's why we should be careful when we see players doing well for a season/two and everyone is saying we should pay £30m plus.
to be fair, Lamela price was bollocks because we were over a barrell because of Willian doing the dirty and the amount money we were going to payfor him. We would not have gone for Lamela otherwise and I doubt Roma would have sold him.
Yet we were running out of time and Baldini 'made them, and him, and offer they could not refuse'
AVB had apparently asked Roma about him in that January as well, in fairness. The kid was a hot property.

But good scouting would have probably led to us not overpaying, and also, probably not getting him as someone else would have overpaid in our place.

Who wanted Adebayor on loan and then into permanent transfer in the first place? Blame the manager of the time too. I'd say Levy can't really win. He would have been vilified by some if he would have refused to sanction the deal and told HR on no condition is he signing him on a long term deal and Ade would have gone somewhere else.
He backed the manager's recommendations I suppose. He can't shoulder all the blame.
Just be thankful he didn't sanction more HR type transfers.

Redknapp brought him in on loan but Levy signed him permanently three months after Redknapp was sacked. I highly doubt that it was AVB's recommendation.

For what it's worth, Adebayor was excellent under Redknapp and he was able to effectively manage Adebayor for whatever reason. Redknapp can be blamed for a lot but Adebayor is hardly one of them.

Worth mentioning that whilst Schneiderlin is now commanding some £25m fee, McCarthy was picked up from a far inferior league to the Championship and he's, if not quite on par with Schniederlin then certainly close.

Redknapp brought him in on loan but Levy signed him permanently three months after Redknapp was sacked. I highly doubt that it was AVB's recommendation.

For what it's worth, Adebayor was excellent under Redknapp and he was able to effectively manage Adebayor for whatever reason. Redknapp can be blamed for a lot but Adebayor is hardly one of them.
Yes I suppose so. But we shouldn't have touched him in the first place. Levy would have been crucified if he would not have signed him after that loan spell. We should never have entertained the loan in the first place.
AVB had just got his feet under the door and old Ade was probably 'on board'.
I doubt very highly that if AVB would have said after 3 month: I don't want him, don't sign him permanently he's fucking poison and trouble, we would have.
Even if Adebayor would have shown his true colours to AVB from the go,it would not have been too good for the new boss to not do that either, wouldn't have gone down too well with most.
Obviously Ade fools a lot of people. He waited until he had his feet under the door to start up, & his mood swings and actions caused a stand off that ultimately cost us and AVB his job.
I'm just saying you cannot just blame Levy, the manager of the time -and his set up - have to take some of the blame to.

Yes I suppose so. But we shouldn't have touched him in the first place. Levy would have been crucified if he would not have signed him after that loan spell. We should never have entertained the loan in the first place.
AVB had just got his feet under the door and old Ade was probably 'on board'.
I doubt very highly that if AVB would have said after 3 month: I don't want him, don't sign him permanently he's fucking poison and trouble, we would have.
Even if Adebayor would have shown his true colours to AVB from the go,it would not have been too good for the new boss to not do that either, wouldn't have gone down too well with most.
Obviously Ade fools a lot of people. He waited until he had his feet under the door to start up, & his mood swings and actions caused a stand off that ultimately cost us and AVB his job.
I'm just saying you cannot just blame Levy, the manager of the time -and his set up - have to take some of the blame to.
but but but he's mentally ill now isn't he?

No, but it's not as if Ligue 1 sides other than PSG are able to generally keep talent and fight off interest. Look at the way OM has been looted in the past 3 weeks...

I'd say there aren't a lot of clubs in the World capable of keeping talent, us included. Lloris was definitely within the top 20 keepers when we bought him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom