Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing Remy Cabella, Victor Moses and Nathan Redmond in this thread is making me side with John Thomas John Thomas

We are building a stadium though so I'm not going full on mad.
Don't get too excited by the stadium mate. They've been fucking around for years while they try and get the funding. If someone else don't pay, it don't get built.
Be prepared for some new plans in 2020 with a statement claiming the the 2015 ones are out of date.

Seeing Remy Cabella, Victor Moses and Nathan Redmond in this thread is making me side with John Thomas John Thomas

We are building a stadium though so I'm not going full on mad.
Don't knock them unless you can explain why, or suggest others that fit our system better.

This "he's not prestigious enough for us" bullshit is tiresome. You find the best squad you can get, you don't worry about how often the Sun put them on the back page.

We need wide players who are quick, create chances, attack the box to shoot and press like motherfuckers.

Suggest someone.

Don't knock them unless you can explain why, or suggest others that fit our system better.

This "he's not prestigious enough for us" bullshit is tiresome. You find the best squad you can get, you don't worry about how often the Sun put them on the back page.

We need wide players who are quick, create chances, attack the box to shoot and press like motherfuckers.

Suggest someone.
Victor Moses fit's the criteria well.

Lamela and Eriksen
Neither of them are natural wingers, and to claim that Lamela does what you ask is daft. I like Kono, he's direct, and is very strong on the ball - you can't say that about Lamela or Eriksen. If you can't see the difference we're miles apart. Watch some of Kono and tell me honestly if you think he is inferior.

Suggest someone.

If you think the best squad we can get includes those three that I named (quoted from others of course) then you're off your rocker mate. Our current options are all better than those, I'd probably include Townsend in that as well. Drop it with the prestigious bull shit as well as I've explained elsewhere I was content with the two signings we've made so far, hardly stellar names but ones to serve a purpose. Pritchard is also the kind of player who will run his bollocks off and has the ability to thread a pass and take a man on, rather give him a game than those mentioned.

Seeing as you asked so nicely anyway:

Cabella - very poor season for Newcastle. Looks to be far too lightweight and show pony for this division. Hardly seems the quickest either.
Moses - best of the bad bunch but hardly a signing of where we aspire to be, very hit and miss. Doubt we'll be dealing with Chelsea any time soon
Redmond - didn't really do the business in the Championship and was terrible in the Premier League last time around, contributing 1/2 goals to a Norwich side that got relegated...primarily because they didn't create / score enough.

I'm not living in a dream world where I expect us to sign the worlds best superstars but those three would all be pretty poor signings. Who should we sign? I really don't know to be brutally honest. Ideally Premier League experience but I'm not sure there is anyone available we could sign to help us assemble the 'best squad we could get' so maybe we'll have to look to Germany/Spain/Italy and gamble again. Just as examples, Jay Rodriguez we know would likely suit but can't be sure after his injury and maybe Bolasie but again there are limitations. I'd also still include Mirallas as a target, all three of these names better options than those I quoted and hardly household names.

Choosing that route I'd take a look at the like of Perisic from Wolfsburg, but even then they are CL so again a deal would probably be difficult. The Lamela deal has made me sceptical as he's not really been a success but Serie A has some good potential signings such as Candreva or Anderson from Lazio or even a punt on Berardi.

Long story short, I have no clue really. Hopefully the management team know what they are looking for.

Neither of them are natural wingers, and to claim that Lamela does what you ask is daft. I like Kono, he's direct, and is very strong on the ball - you can't say that about Lamela or Eriksen. If you can't see the difference we're miles apart. Watch some of Kono and tell me honestly if you think he is inferior.
He's different. Lots of pace, but Pochettino demands players who press. Can he do that? If so, great, if not, I can see why apparently Pochettino doesn't want him.

He's different. Lots of pace, but Pochettino demands players who press. Can he do that? If so, great, if not, I can see why apparently Pochettino doesn't want him.
Yes he's different - you can't have everyone pressing, because when you get the ball back you need to do something with it. I've no idea what Poch wants, but I'd like to see more pace in the side. Be honest, who would you rather play against - Lamela or Kono?

Last edited:
Juicy, you seem to be

Yes he's different - you can't have everyone pressing, because when you get the ball back you need to do something with it. I've no idea what Poch wants, but I'd like to see more pace in the side. Be honest, who would you rather play against - Lamela or Kono?
Kono. You can defend against his pace as much as Lamela, but Lamela's help on defence means less chances for your team.

Pochettino wants the front four to press and interchange. We do need pace, but any new guy also needs to work. No one gets to be a passenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom