Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kono. You can defend against his pace as much as Lamela, but Lamela's help on defence means less chances for your team.

Pochettino wants the front four to press and interchange. We do need pace, but any new guy also needs to work. No one gets to be a passenger.
That's ridiculous - who's suggesting he'd be a passenger? Why go off the deep end and make a comment like that? As far as I can see, over the last few days, you'd leave everything as it is while suggesting inferior players to what we have already. And - with respect - stop telling me what Poch wants. You don't have a clue what he wants. You seem to think every player in the team needs to press - why not try and keep the ball? You only need to press when you don't have it - please give some consideration to what we do when we have the bloody ball. Did you ever wonder why we looked so slow in our build up play for the majority of the games last season?

LOL someone Photoshop this one, so he's putting on sunglasses and saying DEAL WITH IT
:dwi:
My dog did this - he's happy to oblige.

image.png

Don't knock them unless you can explain why, or suggest others that fit our system better.

This "he's not prestigious enough for us" bullshit is tiresome. You find the best squad you can get, you don't worry about how often the Sun put them on the back page.

We need wide players who are quick, create chances, attack the box to shoot and press like motherfuckers.

Suggest someone.
Look where reputation and having a name got us two summers ago... We need to think outside the box a bit and put our trust in what Poch/ Mitchell are trying to build.

That's ridiculous - who's suggesting he'd be a passenger? Why go off the deep end and make a comment like that? As far as I can see, over the last few days, you'd leave everything as it is while suggesting inferior players to what we have already. And - with respect - stop telling me what Poch wants. You don't have a clue what he wants. You seem to think every player in the team needs to press - why not try and keep the ball? You only need to press when you don't have it - please give some consideration to what we do when we have the bloody ball. Did you ever wonder why we looked so slow in our build up play for the majority of the games last season?
I feel our build up play was no slower than under AVB or also Redknapp when facing teams parking the bus. We need players who can help with that, and dome pace to get in behind would help.

I also think that yes, everyone MUST press. The system depends on that. We didn't have a full ten outfield players doing this at the same time, which was a problem last year. Some either couldn't or wouldn't. That cannot continue.

Why do you think Lennon went on loan.

Yes he's different - you can't have everyone pressing, because when you get the ball back you need to do something with it. I've no idea what Poch wants, but I'd like to see more pace in the side. Be honest, who would you rather play against - Lamela or Kono?

Everyone needs to press in Poch's tactic. His whole tactic is based on pulling up the lines and limiting opponent pass routes and pressing to steal the ball on the opponent's side of the field.

Why do you think he signed Wimmer and Trippier? Wimmer is excellent at long passes that keep the ball on the opponent's side and Trippier is excellent at intercepting the ball and kicking early crosses. They were signed so they can force the ball on the opponent's side where the team would press, press, press (yes, everyone) until the opponent makes a mistake.

Why do you think he signed Wimmer and tTripper ? .
They were signed because they were very very cheap .
Doing something with the ball is our weakness . A creative quality player in
Central midfield would be a plus , not another plodder .
We are a little dull , something to wet the whistle .
They cost real money ,

Can we all please just take a step back and stop expecting that Pritchard will be the solution to all of our problems? If promising youth players were always such a sure thing, we'd have had a lot more home grown players in the team.

Pritchard looks promising, yes. But he hasn't played in the Premiership yet and he definitely doesn't need the pressure of being looked at as our next Harry Kane dumped upon his shoulders. I'm sure he will get game time, but I'm also sure a lot of it will be in the cups and from the bench. Until then I think people are quite right to suggest signing a new attacking midfield player without having "We don't need them, Pritchard is coming back" thrown in their face.

Konoplyanka is in Madrid because Levy is there trying to sign Alderwield. Levy will agree deals for both players and negotiate the 15 million sale of Roberto Soldado. The deal hinges on whether Atleti are willing to cover petrol money ,Levy is demanding 1.30€ per mile Atleti are reluctant to go above 1€
I can believe all of that except the Alderweireld bit

The latest 'ITK':

Who: JJetset
When: 3oth June
Where: Twitter

Q: Are Spurs going to get Alderweireld?
JJetset: no

-----------------------

Who: JJetset
When: 30th June
Where: Twitter

Someone said: And it goes something like this. We dont go for TA and they dont stand in our way for MS?

JJeset replied: nothing like that. MS not coming to us.

*A&C: I bolded that not JJ (for those of you who put such things under a microscope)

-----------------------
Who: Jasper
Where: SO
When: Just now you muppets (30.06.2015)

Still trying to arrange Rabiot. We want to buy at their price, they want to loan for 12 months. We will only consider if we have option to purchase. At this stage PSG don't want to deal. Truth in Benteke with Ade land, or another player plus cash, they also want Carroll. Kono is not dead but unlikely. Had Salvio not had an injury I think he would of been our player. Not nailed on Yedlin will go out on loan. Preseason will determine as with other players. Belgium 21 year old winger there is truth who plays for Monaco. Will we pay the figures Monaco wants is in question, and no bids have been made, contrary to reports. We have inquired about Turan but though I wish it happened cannot see it myself.

Like yourselves I wish things were clearer rather than thinking players turned us down with loads of info going around. Martial gave his word along with agent, he was to be announced along with Trippier and look what happened. Let's just wait and see now.

-----------------------

Who: Trix
Where: COYS
When: June 30th
Whore: Dovahkiin

trix: If Rabiot has become available then he without doubt will have shot to the top of the pile. We really pushed for him in January but PSG didn't want to play ball at all. If his publicly asking for a transfer has changed things, then I think we'd be all over it without question.

trix on lennon and mirallas: We won't be seeing either.

-----------------------

Who: Hertyid
Where: COYS
When: June 30th
Whore: Dovahkiin

Hertyid is very adamant that Bentaleb is going nowhere

hertyid:
He's not leaving. He's not leaving. He's not leaving.
One more time.
He's not leaving.

:adeninja:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom